What was the last record/CD/tape/8-track you bought?

Jon

I got the new Ben Harper album "Call it what it is" on vinyl for my wife. She's a big fan. I thought it was pretty alright but she thinks it stinks lol.

• Like 1

I got the new Ben Harper album "Call it what it is" on vinyl for my wife. She's a big fan. I thought it was pretty alright but she thinks it stinks lol.

I liked the "Live From Mars" lp he released around 2001 ish ?

I dont know much about any of his other records though tbh

Just got back from Bournemouth, picked up two CDX in flight cases for £10.50 haha, fucker gave me a 1000 CDs in 4 flight cases too lol

Lol..you jammy bugger

so thats 250 x Bros cds

250 x Debbie Gibson ,250 x Tiffany and 250 x copies of Diamond Life by Sade sorted then... :d

I used to run a couple of market stalls a year or two ago ,and the amount of people who still buy those types of cds by Ronan ,Steps etc never ceased to amaze me ,there wasnt a week that went by where someone wouldnt ask for Bad by Michael Jackson or Stars by Simply Red...fucking interbred mutants everywhere seem to all have exactly the same cd collections hehe

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

No Max Bygraves Lps on your stall Dan, your slipping mate :p

And there i was questioning why after all the hard work we put in we went bust..

now i finally know the answer. :o

Why do you think charity shop stay in business Dan, a charity shop isn't complete without the full discography of Max Bygraves releases you know :p

• Like 1

Ahh so thats what makes those places so successful..

And there i was thinking it was all the vintage 1990s bumbag/fanny packs they were selling to all of the hipsters these days..

I actually sampled a bit from an old Diana Ross track for this months beat battle funnily enough ,it sounded pretty good as it turned out but i decided not to use it in the end

What Stevie cds did you find btw?

ive probably got about 30 albums by the man on my shelves at home

This was a box of Vinyl, I haven't really been through the 4 flight cases of CDs yet, I had a website i need to be getting finished for a client and after spotting 'steps' i was in no rush to scour them.

It was songs in the key of life for the Stevie album anyway, but more awesome in my book was the fact i just pulled out a double album gate fold of Donna Summers live with the full length version of McArthur park, that goes well with the still sealed 12" of I need love i got a few months back for 20p from McMillan Cancer charity (OK it said 20p, I gave them a five spot, I'm not taking the piss out of charity shops)

Ahh nice, i didnt realise you'd said it was vinyl- just re-read your post again

Good one on the Key of Life find though especially if its got the bonus 7 inch single in there as well

Yeah don't piss me off now, im gonna go and check and it wont be there, thanks Dan, ruin a perfectly good freebie hahahahahahaha (I had just found a Reamper and was gonna ask if you wanted it, so now i am ruining your freebie, you can wait hahahaha)

• Like 1

Seriously i'd love to have the Reamper if you no longer want or need it mate and im also more than willing to take my punishment and wait for ruining your Stevie bonus if its not in with the lp..(fingers crossed its in there ) :|
hehe

Guest Symatic

just got me a copy of the Terminator OST..... was gonna get the original cos it has such dope art but the reissue actually has way more tracks, despite the comparitively shit artwork..... but i want it for the sounds :)

got some dope 80's electro in the mail too

• Like 1

Nice Sy -dont think ive ever listened to The Terminator soundtrack before ,maybe parts of it but not all of it

I have seen the movie though . :d .!

Plus you can never go wrong with good 80s Electro in my opinion :8

• 6 months later...

Broods - Evergreen - CD

Broods - Conscious - CD

Echo and the Bunnymen - Songs to Learn and Sing - CD

Run DMC - Greatest Hits - CD

ODESZA - In Return (Deluxe Edition) - Download purchase.

All are fuckin' dope!!!

Guest petesasqwax

I found a dope little record shop in a nearby town I always used to fucking hate when I was a kid and ended up breaking my "don't buy shit for 6 months" rule in celebration. I always loved this 12" but never happened upon in the wild. I haven't found much else he did that I especially dig, but Koushik killed this shit. Bonus Beats and fucking DRUMAPELLA seal the deal too.

They had Buck65's 'Man Overboard' on vinyl which is impossible for me to pass up anywhere I see it for less than £20...

Also picked up the Akinyele/Sadat X 12" off the first Flex mixtape because it was 2 quid and still kills even after all these years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvaLAwJTlEs
  • Like 1