What was the last record/CD/tape/8-track you bought?

Jon

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Symatic

i took full advantage of record store / 4/20 day and hit every store in town.

i got the Diamonds soundtrack by roy budd, a bunch of king tubby stuff, a second copy of the bbc's 'bang on a drum', and some other dub. also in the mail i just got doubles of choices vol 1 on ubiquity records

• 3 weeks later...

[media=]

[/media]

Woo, didn't realise this was finally out. Been after backwoods for a few months :)

3 things jon talks about...

buddy peace

banquet records

and

dj lethal.

You forgot complaining about the misuse of umbrella genre names.

Guest Symatic

i was listening to them at work yesterdy. funny shit on that album.....something like "im like every race and every culture fucked into one person"

• Like 1

Oh man you guys, I was on a 6-week Canadian tour and directly after that went to New Orleans for 10 days, and returned from all that with about 98 records. I straight murderlized this one shop in New Orleans with the 3-dollar bins. Records and alcohol are cheap in the states!

Not that I've listened to them all yet but my favorite so far is the Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings one. I saw them at the New Orleans Jazz Fest too! Also saw the original Meters, their first club gig in over 30 years and their last club gig ever. Also saw Budos Band, the New Mastersounds, Herbie Hancock, Mystikal (haha, but actually he was awesome), and a bunch of crazy bayou swamp funk with accordions and shit. I win for this week I think.

it was the New Orleans Jazz Festival, so there was music there from 11 - 7, but then the city keeps going til about 6 am with shows and debauchery. And most of the venues are in walking distance from where we were staying, in the French Quarter. AND! In New Orleans you can get a drink in a bar, and then take it out of the bar and walk around. Everyone's walking around with drinks on the street.

a couple of the records I got down there are Sly & the Family albums. They are really great. Does it seem to anyone else that Sly doesn't get quite the recognition he deserves? He's like a proto-Prince.

Just bought Two record boxes of soul 7"s from the booty for a fiver.

Nice. Need to start goin to some bootys

im gonna be doing the hackney wick fleamarket on the 27th may got loads of cheap records if u wanna have a dig.

Guest Symatic

it was the New Orleans Jazz Festival, so there was music there from 11 - 7, but then the city keeps going til about 6 am with shows and debauchery. And most of the venues are in walking distance from where we were staying, in the French Quarter. AND! In New Orleans you can get a drink in a bar, and then take it out of the bar and walk around. Everyone's walking around with drinks on the street.

a couple of the records I got down there are Sly & the Family albums. They are really great. Does it seem to anyone else that Sly doesn't get quite the recognition he deserves? He's like a proto-Prince.

this sounds amazing

this sounds amazing

Damn right it does! Wanted to go to New Orleans ever after seeing Treme, I bet it's even better in real life looks dope!

@ Matt, give me a reminder coz I'll come to that!