think my mpc is broke

more recently i've noticed my mpc has a few special moods sometimes and doesnt do what i tell it to.

then yesterday it just wouldnt act right...

some pads werent reacting to being pressed, or had some sort of delay. others programmed themselves to trigger 2 samples instead of the 1 i set up.

then also the jog wheel doesnt like changing the programs for me anymore.

gay!

im going to the shop to buy some needles today, and while im there im hoping i can take it back and get my money back. i only got it in september!

im hoping the os system will do the trick. spoke to the shop and they said if the problem persists they'll send it to akai for me.

to top it off my earphones just fucking broke. today has not been a good day.

dang! What kind of MPC?? My friend has fried 2 XLs b/c he pushes them so hard... I told him he needs to get a newer model that can process what he's throwing at it.

reinstalled the os and everything and still got the same problems.

look like its going back to the shop.

altho now i have trust issues with the thing, im temped to ask if i can get store credit instead, but im not sure how it works as this is more akai's problem than westend dj's (shop i bought it from)

anyone got any experience with this sort of thing

you can just get your money back if you want. you could also demand they replace it. unless you bought it as a business customer, in which case it's on akai, it's up to the shop to sort you out if it's broken.