The last live show you went to

Solemn

That's funny because I once had a dream that Roots Manuva was holed up in a church steeple taking pot shots at me with a sniper rifle. In the end Mark B and Blade talked him down and he was arrested without anyone getting hurt.

That's funny because I once had a dream that Roots Manuva was holed up in a church steeple taking pot shots at me with a sniper rifle. In the end Mark B and Blade talked him down and he was arrested without anyone getting hurt.

haha bizarre!

Just got tickets to see Fever Ray at the Brixton Academy in September. I saw them at Latitude festival last year and they were the best live act I've ever seen, so I'm really looking forward to this.

i saw them support Roykopp last year.

I thought they were fucking horrendous.

today i went to see joese james. it was sooooo dope, such a good night...really brilliant. after that we went to a a really dope pubp...i didnt known there was something like this in cologne...i dindt imagine to exist something like that at all. one room full of jazz records and they were only playing jazz and everybody was talking about jazz music :ph34r:

Sounds like a wicked find! I love it when you find like a tiny pub that you never knew existed playing cool music and you're like ha! Same happened to me this wknd in Leeds.

Was it called something really English but German like "Rockin' Freddie's Jazz Bar"?

Sounds like a wicked find! I love it when you find like a tiny pub that you never knew existed playing cool music and you're like ha! Same happened to me this wknd in Leeds.

Was it called something really English but German like "Rockin' Freddie's Jazz Bar"?

where in leeds?

Smokestacks on call lane. I was at Uni there but not been back in 2 years.

ha ha mad, I used to DJ there for a bit for diff'rent strokes on a wednesday... they do a golden mic challenge and stuff... pretty dope.

Im the same, used to go to uni there but finished couple of years ago!

Class of 08? What course?

They had in the upstairs bar some guy spinning like classic ska plus stax/mowtown stuff. Just a good mix. The only bad thing was they had ONE guy serving at like 11 on a Staurday doing silly bloody cocktails which took 5 minutes per person.

Went upstairs and got a bockled beer in the end.

• 2 months later...

Went to see Yoda on Friday at the coronet in Elephant and Castle. elephant and Castle is a ruff bloody area. I knew that before but christ...some right dodgy bastards around plus a metal detector on the door and still got frisked.

Stereo MCs were the 1st act and were pretty bloody good I have to say. Connected is still a tune and got me dancing. The place was only half full max though.

Dan le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip were next and were amazing but you can't hear his rhymes. Dunno if that's just him or the sound system. I have seen them before but don't remember it for some reason.

Yoda was on about 2 and he was pretty wicked. the usual kind of stuff which we all love so much on this board like a dubstep Johnny Cash medlay and all that. My problme was that he kept switching tunes too much. He'd like do a riff of soething for 16, then some chorus of a diferent tune, really cutting things up but you couldn't get into it.

Then some young DJ finished off called Benji Bongo or summat. Massive white afro head?? If you don't like DJ Yoda you'll hate him. He played stuff like Jump Around remixed with Grange Hill, French Prince of Bel Air theme tune, Sweet Home Alabama with Rapper's Delight. Basically what I'd call hip hop cheese mixed with pop cheese and just that. Kind of grating.

Then we got the night bus home back to civilisation when it was light. Love that feeling :).