The last live show you went to

Solemn

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread like this to share some short reviews on live shows, dj sets etc.

I can't remember which was the last concert i went to but i've just got my ticket for Dwele tomorrow, can't fucking wait!! :ph34r:

Hip hop or just any music?

Hip hop was Furious 5 and Kurtis Blow in Manchester back in Sept and I went to see an electro DJ called Fake Blood about 3 weeks ago also in Manchester (I think I posted about it).

I would also say the furious 5 was the best hip hop gig I've ever been to along with Run.

My best gigs ever would be Weezer, Neil Young and possibly one of the times I've seen Yoda. Also Zappa plays Zappa were really good.

Saw Thom Yorke doing a solo gig in Cambridge a few weeks back, that was pretty damn good. Got tickets to see Dinosaur Jr and Built To Spill in May, but not much else lined up. I'd like to go to a festival this year but might just wait for the winter ATP's as nothing really grabs me of the Summer festivals.

last few gigs I went to were......diamon d and sadat x 8/10 marlena shaw 10/10 pearl jam 7/10 breakestra 10/10 and dj format, black grass, rice cube, and bobby boucher at my mates birthday on saturday...10/10...

last few gigs: Mars Volta - Leeds, GasLamp Killer - Leeds, Glitch Mob - Sheffield, randomly saw Roni Size in Seoul just before christmas. Next week: TOKiMONSTA and Nosaj Thing, then b.dolan the night after, both in Leeds.

Guest loop skywalker

Saw Tubelord on Saturday and saw Jstar and Honey Brown in a different room at the same venue. Both great. Saw Tall Ships on Friday too, insane live band. Seeing Alix Perez on Saturday :)

I saw gift of gab last thursday...hoping to go again to the show in notts on wednesday as it was that fucking good.I figure if it was dope sober..when im pinted up should be amazing.

Saw Tubelord on Saturday and saw Jstar and Honey Brown in a different room at the same venue. Both great. Saw Tall Ships on Friday too, insane live band. Seeing Alix Perez on Saturday :)

I saw gift of gab last thursday...hoping to go again to the show in notts on wednesday as it was that fucking good.I figure if it was dope sober..when im pinted up should be amazing.

How did your sets go down dude?

Last saturday I was at a figure skating event, where they have live bands play. First off a friend of my brother's called Seven who's an amazing soul singer...really worth checking out. Then some german violin player called david garett, which was kind of cool and then finally anastacia played. Anastacia was pretty cool. I'd imagined her performances to be more powerful, but it was alright. I like her as a singer though.

Two weeks ago I saw this ska/reggae band play at a local club here (ended up there shitfaced and completely random choice) but that was really cool. And I hate ska...

Then last October I saw birdy nam nam, which was fucking insane. I think I posted something about that not too long ago.

Yeah and then about a year ago at the same figure skating event I saw the sugababes, which was a phenomenal show and this canadian pop singer (can't remember his name) who were alright.

So in the last 12 months I'd say BNN and the ska band really stick out...

pee.z

You hate ska?! Yeah it is easy to hate I suppose. One of the best festivals I ever went to was a ska one though in Germany.

Also which Sugababes lineup did you see?

Dude can't remember...but keisha was in there and so was the blonde chick, but I think they had some new member as well...it was dope though.

Re ska...It just gets on my nerves. Classic ska is ok I guess (eventhough the trumpets piss me off after a while) and ska punk is an absolute no go in my books...

yeah that Fabric line up is the shit. Why the fuck is it on midweek? I'm in London this weekend too, at least I'll get to see TOKiMONSTA/Nosaj next week.

Roni Size was just a dj set with some mc. It was alright, the club was full of amazing korean girls though (like all clubs in Seoul). I met Roni Size after, he was a bit of a cock.

yeah that Fabric line up is the shit. Why the fuck is it on midweek? I'm in London this weekend too, at least I'll get to see TOKiMONSTA/Nosaj next week.

Roni Size was just a dj set with some mc. It was alright, the club was full of amazing korean girls though (like all clubs in Seoul). I met Roni Size after, he was a bit of a cock.

yeah i met him before, hes a right penis