I'm really thinking about getting one of these

Dan

never used it but looks good..will u use the micrphone???? if not see about others as the microphone will bump the price up

I really didnt like this bit of gear. Small keys, which are pretty bad if you have ever played or leared the piano etc.

I guess thats why I didnt dig it, the sounds are quite funky! For the price the sounds cant be beaten, you can create some cool hip hop basslines and such, which is kinda cool.

Id rather save up an extra £100 and buy the Korg X5D though, it has much better sounds.

That said, the Vocoder can be really fun.

• 2 weeks later...

very groovy little synth - one of my favourite things that came out while i was working at turnkey - you can get a really massive sound out of it (it's the same engine as the MS2000/2000b but with limited voices), the vocoder is hella fun to mess around with and its cheap as chips. The keys are indeed a bit small, but i think of this is as an endearing quirk rather than a serious flaw; you can always use a full size midi keyboard to control it if you want to get all virtuoso. plus it runs on batteries so you can noodle on the bus !

Oh and the microphone is included and is just a regular computer gooseneck affair, so it will not bump up the price - not quite sure where you got that idea, rygon.

best thing to do is get down to a shop and have a few goes on one and see for yourself. its miles better than anything else at the same pricepoint.