IDA UK Final voting - now Live!

Gizmo

Yes I know it's been arranged in a hurry due to venue issues, but there are some really good sets uploaded for you to vote for.

Ideally, vote for the one you think is best to rep the UK rather than your mate. And get other people to vote for the best as well.

It's all here: http://www.skratchworx.com/news3/comments.php?id=1375

You have until Friday evening to cast your vote. And every one counts!

nice 1 GIz for organising this - would be tragic not to have a UK rep. Shame the live event didn;t happen :-(

Have cast my vote .... poor captain crunch, i dint think he realised what he was entering.

Guest loop skywalker

Sorry havent been able to comment due to modem packing up..but huge props to Gizmo for putting this on at such short notice.I think the man done good and the short notice really could have been a factor in getting the public to vote instead of a judging panel.But anyways..really cool to be a part of..didnt even get time to record anything so i put in a cropped version of my uk dmc final set from last year just so i could be a part of this.I wont be ashamed to say that i took full advantage of the public voting system and asked lots of people to vote for me hahhaa.

If i were judging this i would have scored it 1st Rasp,2nd J1m and jeppa 3rd.Jeppa had the tightest intro ever but i felt rasp and J1m bought some technical originality.

Good luck in poland rasp..i will be there cheering you on...and beering you up afterwards hahaha.

Big ups to everyone that took part and again..well done gizmo for putting this on ..a 3rd place uk battle title will always look good on my cv.

Peace Skywalker...see you on saturday Rasp xxx

lol at loop! deffo agrre on the rankings you gave every one. Rasps set is proper orignal and musical. J1M set probably had the edge technically, but theres a bit on it with the drum cuts done over an unknown (to me) beat , which is technically ill cutting, but the unknown beat doesn;t draw out the right impact and it ends up becoming a negative which is a real shame. Jeppa does one cut really well and to be fair has great ideas for putting together crowd pleasing beats. a mutant merging of the three dj's combining originality, technicality and crowd pleasing beats and we would have a uk champ 4 sure.

BTW where is Vekked ? Would like to hear his slating crtic

but theres a bit on it with the drum cuts done over an unknown (to me) beat

It's Bassnectar - Underground Communication, you should check out Bassnectar if you don't know his stuff already.

a mutant merging of the three dj's combining originality, technicality and crowd pleasing beats and we would have a uk champ 4 sure

To be honest I though I was nearly there with last year's DMC, I used the first 3 minutes for this but the crowd pleasing bits (mission impossible / on a ragga tip) are all in the last 2 minutes... I think for next years DMC I need to combine the technical and crowd pleasing more. I've got a very technical mind (physics degree / IT consultant) and like the technical side of scratching so most of the time I'm just practicing new techniques then think about tunes / routine when it gets close to competition time.

@Loop - I didn't ask anyone to vote for me cos I wouldn't have been ready for Poland so I can hold my head high knowing that the 3 people who voted for me did so for the right reasons ;-) Vote whore

Hey Kut Class was this the thing me and you kind of tentatively arranged to maybe go to? I went to the Norwegian tree ceremony at Trafalgar Square in the end. Cold as. I'm never gonna get to meet anyone off DV :( sob!

So it was pretty cool online. Gotta say Rasp was my pick cutting up Oasis like that.