studio mixer help

Jimmy

alright everyone, now i got to grips with my mpc i want to take the next step and make my own samples to use on the mpc, so i want to get a studio mixer so i can make recording easier.

im thinking of this one...

http://www.westenddj.co.uk/Product/MACKIE/Mixers/DFX6/

looks good enough and it should have enough channels, ill b running a keyboard,my dj mixer with turntable, and maybe an electric acoustic.

am i looking at the right sort of thing?

also if anyone knows where to get some good memory for an mpc2500 let me kno.

thanks.

A mixer might be cool but you could also look at getting a multiple i/o audio interface instead. This is the one I use for my live set up. It has 2 mic preamps so you can use it for recording and stuff but it also has multiple inputs which would allow you to record (track) different tracks from your mpc into your sequencer on your pc where you can mix it down and do further work or editing there.

http://www.dv247.com/computer-hardware/m-audio-firewire-1814-mobile-18-in-14-out-firewire-recording-interface--22278

I'm not saying you should get this instead because if you want a complete computer free beat making setup then a mixer might be a much better choice but it's certainly an alternative worth looking at.

That interface also has midi i/o so you can can use it to sync the mpc with the computer, use it to control the computer or use the computer to control the mpc.

This audio interface route would be the more flexible route but also the route of more headwork.

Hope this has been useful.