Wii soft mod! Did it last night!

djdiggla

I did it last night and it really was pretty easy. Now my Wii plays DVDs, homebrews, all media formats, backup games and has an emulator for just about every system. I already had roms for some systems from doing my xbox a year or two ago but gonna get some more for the systems I didn't have emus for on xbox. The way I did it is in preparation for backing up all my games to a USB harddrive. I found a 120GB for $39 at Iomega.

Here is the guide I followed:

http://lifehacker.com/5280957/load-your-wii-games-from-a-hard-disk-part-ii

yes yes im trying this when I get home, had no idea wiis could even consider trying to play dvd

its been such a pain trying to get my external hard drive to work via my xbox360 aswell.

anyone know much about partitioning to fat32? I used partition magic but it all went tits up.

I don't know much about partitioning externals..

It opens up the DVD drive but I personally plan on just using that for burned games... not DVDs. Reason being, I assume the drive is not sturdy enough to play DVDs (spinning constantly) and that is why they locked it. Just my assumption--I burned up my PS2 playing DVDs.