Snoops admits to using ghost writers

djdiggla

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=51989

No one can say Snoop Dogg isn’t honest. XXLMag.com caught up with the West Coast legend to speak about his upcoming album, Malice in Wonderland, and the Doggfather revealed that like his last album he will be recruiting the writing talents of other MCs for the project.

When asked if he will be digging into his rhyme books this go-round, Snoop told XXL that instead he will be the mouthpiece for other rappers’ words. “I got a couple of my little homies that’s putting the pen to the paper,” he shared. “I be letting my homies get on by writing and expressing they thoughts through me. I be letting them have opportunities to be a star through me.”

Although it presently doesn’t have a release date, Snoop says he is about “50 to 70 percent done” with the disc. “I’m trying to finish this tour up and then get back home, do a few things to tighten it up,” he said.

The album, which Snoop describes as a “feel good record,” will be released by MTV. As far as the music, the Long Beach rep says “It feels good, back to the basics. I mean, I don’t do all that hyping, that ain’t my thing. I just go to the lab, drop a single and then drop another single, then drop the album. If you fucking with it, you get it. if you ain’t, you ain’t.”

So far Malice in Wonderland features production by Ty Fyffe, Scoop Deville and Drumma Boy.—Eli Mancini with reporting by Clover Hope

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghost writers don't hugely bother me, but i read that Dr Dre is having Ludacris rap his lyrics for him as well as write them on something on Detox...that seems a bit fucked to me. Like Milli Vanilli all over again

I may be wrong on that though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZmT3tOIn9k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUn1u9SYdCQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L59YufixEZg&feature=PlayList&p=86297305B3DD3C00&index=0&playnext=1

This is the standard that I listen to... Jay Z is THE most overratted to me, i just dont get it..back in the day when he was with BDK and shit I thought he was amazing! further to this I listen to doom, wu tang, group home... theres no contest for me. I do like that tune you posted though good track good rapping and funny but nothing that makes me think hes amazing!

whooooooaaah there! you've got posters on your wall havn't you? sorry man I just dont like him. Group Home have a more old school flow that seems simple but is actually quite complex when you consider the content they cover with it.

I get told I know shit all the time especiallyu from rappers who mostly say hes the greatest but I aint feelin it god! I think andre 3000 is a better MC

whooooooaaah there! you've got posters on your wall havn't you? sorry man I just dont like him. Group Home have a more old school flow that seems simple but is actually quite complex when you consider the content they cover with it.

I get told I know shit all the time especiallyu from rappers who mostly say hes the greatest but I aint feelin it god! I think andre 3000 is a better MC

Man you have seriously gone potty here. Group home are possibly the worst MCs ever. Like I properly properly love Living Proof as an album but that's cause Preemo was at his absolute best. group Home are fuckin garbage on the mic though. Lol. I can understand you not being a fan of Jay Z's music. he is happy to really lower his standards and nocks out some propper turd now and then but he is 100000000000 times better than Malachi, Big Shug and Lil dap put together. Actually I quite like Lil Daps voice I guess.

I've not gone potty I just like what I like! that first LP is serious have another listen man its well good. anyways I guess the fact that you are concentrating on the group home rather than the AMAZING three vids I posted in response means that you agree that Jay Z is no where near these guys!

^^FLOL

I used to hate on Jay-Z but I have come to the understanding that I really like some of his tracks. A lot is fairly weak... kinda like Kayne, but some is sick as fuck. The problem tho is Jay-Z is a huge fucking dork. I feel like I'm watching the black Bill Gates.

I agree that Andre 3k is WAY better... but I'd also say he has transcended rap all together now... so not even fair to compare.

andre was better back when he used to rap hardcore and Jay Z will never match that. I like some of Jay's stuff too but I dont think hes that good at rapping. Having re-listened to the group home stuff i'll admit that its a bit weak at points but it does have nice hip hop feel. I dont see Jay Z as a rapper hes like jason donavan to me hes just not part of it he'll rap on any beat good or bad with no continuity, look at the track with linkin park FFS that was abizmal!!

anyhoo...

I don't like Nas. Less, actually than Jay-Z. Mostly b/c this guy I didn't like really liked Nas... but I guess I'm OK with Nas now cause I banged that guy's GF... a lot.