Innofader update

Good news for 909 owners: -

Hey All,

I've gone a bit incognito lately so I'll give you all a brief update:

The Pioneer DJM-909 compatibility is a go - just finished the PC board layout and plate adapter design.

Also in the pipeline is compatibility with all of those budget non-VCA mixers like Numark M series and Vestax VMCs.

The mini's going to take a bit more time. I'm shooting to get the above out in Autumn this year and the mini hopefully not too long after.

When we have more details (sample pics, etc.) we will let you all know.

as a complete guess, i'd say that not cutting properly at a certain angle is down to the tolerance issue of the fader. because it's got two ends and we're dealing with measurements of nanometres it's extremely difficult to make it mechanically precise and sound- and you might have to put up with a slightly larger than perfect amount of cutlag on one side to guarantee a full cut on the other. that's what the eternal's like anyway.

Sweet!!! Doesn't the innofader bleed tho if you hit it at the wrong angle tho?

I hade a six hour session on it for the second time yesterday at work and its fine. I have a pro x but I really like the innofader!

as a complete guess, i'd say that not cutting properly at a certain angle is down to the tolerance issue of the fader. because it's got two ends and we're dealing with measurements of nanometres it's extremely difficult to make it mechanically precise and sound- and you might have to put up with a slightly larger than perfect amount of cutlag on one side to guarantee a full cut on the other. that's what the eternal's like anyway.

The electronics take care of this, the cut in and cut out points are actually 1/3 mm apart so any little mechanical wobbles don't cause it to flicker on and off around the cut point.

Most people don't notice... it certainly doesn't have the mechanical issue that the eternal does in that if you pull the fader toward you the cut-in point moves (not that you would ever do that when cutting...)

ah interesting. i haven't tried the innofader yet but i definitely prefer the weighty feel of the pro x to the total weightlessness of the eternal, from what i can gather the feel of the innofader is more or less a halfway house between the two which sounds cool.

as far as the eternal's issue, the problem is that people who aren't used to how light it is and have developed bad habits from cement like unlubed crappy things have actually bent mine within minutes before, only a tiny bit but enough to affect the smoothness by making it scrape the guide and also fuck up the cutoffs like you say. it takes much less than a mm of lateral movement to affect it.

i hear the innofader is the absolute hands down most sturdy feeling fader anyone's ever used, with zero lateral movement- this sounds cool as hell and i'll probably end up getting one for the 06 that i've got lent out at the moment so i can sell the hak (i fucking hate being so skint i have to sell things i actually use and enjoy). thing is pro x was the messiah for the first few months before people started daring to pipe up about its problems, i wonder whether there will be any innofader backlash in a couple of months or whether it's actually nailed... hm i appear to be waffling.

it's not like they explode or anything, it's just that the whole "THE ULTIMATE FADER" thing was a bit exaggerated considering that it requires the same and in a lot of peoples' cases a lot more maintenance than any other contact fader. there also seemed to be a disproportionately large group of people saying there were manufacturing problems.