AR Scratching

djdiggla

this is amazing and could actually work as super high resolution hid. imagine a box with a platter and a capture device inside it, which is capturing the underside of the platter as it moves. as long as the capture rate was at least, say, 180fps and the resolution was... well vga would give you over 1500 positions on the circumference i suppose, it could track the movement of the platter better than timecode. i have no idea what's easier on a computer to process, audio or video input, especially at high levels... maybe it's not worth it and audio timecode is always going to be better. i presume, although really i have no idea about this stuff, that it would take less bandwidth to send 240fps @ 520x520 than it would to send standard 1080p hd... if this sounds like it would work then i've copyrighted it, otherwise just ignore me

this is amazing and could actually work as super high resolution hid. imagine a box with a platter and a capture device inside it, which is capturing the underside of the platter as it moves. as long as the capture rate was at least, say, 180fps and the resolution was... well vga would give you over 1500 positions on the circumference i suppose, it could track the movement of the platter better than timecode. i have no idea what's easier on a computer to process, audio or video input, especially at high levels... maybe it's not worth it and audio timecode is always going to be better. i presume, although really i have no idea about this stuff, that it would take less bandwidth to send 240fps @ 520x520 than it would to send standard 1080p hd... if this sounds like it would work then i've copyrighted it, otherwise just ignore me

sometimes you make me feel really sad chris!

other application for this: realtime audio manipulation via dance and drama.

on my first idea the platter could be transparent and the record on top could be tracked.

how does the cdx (and denon spinning platter, ns7, etc) work? i suppose this whole approach isn't worth pursuing if there's a mechanical way to do this, and presumably there is hence aforementioned products existing. but there *are* applications for this technology, you bunch of naysayers.

ps foly you *are* sad.

on my first idea the platter could be transparent and the record on top could be tracked.

how does the cdx (and denon spinning platter, ns7, etc) work? i suppose this whole approach isn't worth pursuing if there's a mechanical way to do this, and presumably there is hence aforementioned products existing. but there *are* applications for this technology, you bunch of naysayers.

ps foly you *are* sad.

whats the POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOINT you can already scratch on RECORDS!!!!! you dont see folk trying to invent a light powered double bass do you. im all for innovation but there really does have to be a point.

well, yeah, theremins? you just got zinged blard.

the application doesn't have to be totally scratch centric though- like i said it'd be cool to see a group of people dancing from one side of a stage to another with a realtime sound effect each, perhaps they're all wearing different colours so they can get tracked... but even that's not the point. og man probably argued they already had wood and shit when the stone age first came around, and that they already had stone when the bronze age came around, and all the other ages that i would know if i was like, into history and shit. in the grand scheme of things, what's the point of anything? we're all gonna die...

the application doesn't have to be totally scratch centric though- like i said it'd be cool to see a group of people dancing from one side of a stage to another with a realtime sound effect each, perhaps they're all wearing different colours so they can get tracked... but even that's not the point. og man probably argued they already had wood and shit when the stone age first came around, and that they already had stone when the bronze age came around, and all the other ages that i would know if i was like, into history and shit. in the grand scheme of things, what's the point of anything? we're all gonna die...

:x I dont understand any of this stuff. all i know is electric guitars are cool but so is the acoustic......with these two amazing inventions isthere any need for a laserrobocomputerultramagneticradioactive guitar? I say no but you go ahead and do what you want!

ps foly you *are* sad.

whats the POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOINT you can already scratch on RECORDS!!!!! you dont see folk trying to invent a light powered double bass do you. im all for innovation but there really does have to be a point.

I would like a virtual MPC

No guitar is cool. </fact>

no one was talking to you dirk!

check the sample for I used to love her by common sense i cant remember who its by but if you dont think its cool you might as well be listening to the pussy cat dolls.........doll!

no one was talking to you dirk!

check the sample for I used to love her by common sense i cant remember who its by but if you dont think its cool you might as well be listening to the pussy cat dolls.........doll!