Butter Rug V2

Anyone here using Butter Rug slipmat ?

i might get pair of those, but before that i really wanna know is there any graphic

on the mat ? someone can post up picture of it would e appreciated !!!!

since i only can see the cover from Turntable lab...no actual mat

thanks !!

apparently these are the butter rug V2's -

look just like the old ones to me but never mind. i hear the butter rugs aren't much good though. i've never used them myself but the hole where the spindle sits is supposed to wears out real quick and the mats themselves are super duper thin and they stick to your records like a mutha when you take your vinyl off the deck - just what i've heard though...

Edited by S S

Butter rugs are sick, but the biggest thing is when yout ake your vinyl off the platter the slipmat comes right off with it, it's good in the sense that the slipmat is right up against the record when it's on the platter, so the record doens't moveover the slipmat rather the slipmat moves over the platter. But it sticks to the record so much that if you want to swtich record qucikly you're fucked, Try getting magic carpets it's pretty much the same thing except it's just the little slicky stuff no matt, you just put the slicky paper underneath your slipmat. Do not polish your platter or use wax paper as residue will build up and that just sucks. You can use this paper that used to hold vinyl. Like back back in the day, they had this paper taht was kinda translucent, and it's slicky as hell jsut put that under your slip mat, that's what i'm using, magic carpets are the cheapt and easiet solution however

You could just cut some out of a record sleeve - the thin see-through plastic type. Put those under your regular mats for super slickness.

I just use the Vestax mats that came with my turntables and I've also got some Slikmats. I've tried Butter Rugs and the Vestax Scratchmats - one is too slippery and the other is too grippy for me.

i've had rug's v2 for about 12 months or so

they are super slick

great for scratching. probably not the best on the market but as far as i can see they work perfect and i have no desire to get anything else. and they were 12 quid off ebay, new (pair)

It's just what you get used to I think. The reason I don't like mats to be too slippery is cos I do a fair amount of pats and using Butter Rugs, even a slight pat slurs the record far too much. It's probably just cos I'm used to the Vestax mats.

i read a lot of forums where djs base their purchase soley on what graphics are on the slipmats.

honestly i never put any graphics on my slipmats because: 1. after asking djs in a poll, 98% said they didnt want it, 2. who sees the mats if records are on them and you are practicing?

thats why i decided to bring my slipmats back, i see to many bullshit quotes like "GET YO SLIPMATS WIT DA TITTIES ON DEM" like skratching with a graphic will somehow make it all better !

now dont get me wrong, i NEVER hyped my slipmats. always left that up to the djs that used them. which is why when someone ask how good mine are, i just say go ask the literally thousands of other djs that have purchased them around the world (yes i mean ALL around the world).

i will be taking orders soon and will be able to ship worldwide. matter was helping me with distribution and i know hes still lurking around somewhere, so matter get at me.. we gotta get some stuff straight.....

anyway, use your best judgement when buying things, regardless if its a slipmat, turntable or whatever. dont buy stuff just because it looks "cool":.. well maybe clothes, cause you gotta stay pimpin !

if you guys have any questions, please let me know. i dont mind answering them and certainly dont mind helping out when needed.

more to follow............

gutter - www.djgutter.net

if your mats are real slippy then i'll have some

i'd only change the 'rugs for something just a fraction less slippy (so i dont have to swap back to the vestax ones to mix/juggle)

perhaps you could flow one to me in the post . . . ;)

I'm much less reserved about hyping sewer slimes, they are the best i've used.

i feel like a modern day Victor Kiam, "I liked them so much I decided to start distributing them in my own country"

g, i dropped you a mail this morning as it happens

can't give you an exact UK price now but i imagine it'll be in the region of the £13 a pair mark inc p&p, hopefully less.

as used by UK champs, Supremacy runners-up, and haternob.

(although he keeps telling me he lost his)

2ndhand,

if you are looking for slipmats that you can mix, skratch(with the right slickness) and juggle without having to change back and forth, then i would suggest picking up a pair of my slipmats.

this isnt from my mouth, its from the djs that have used them. they all have said that they are the perfect blend for mixing, juggles, skratching etc...

so give it a try, if you dont like them you can always throw them at the neighbors dog that wont stop barking late in the night !!!

easy,

Gutter