jay z and linkin park

Huw

• 2 months later...

i recently got reanimation on vinyl- i've been looking for it for ages- its dope

i watched their collision course dvd- its all good but whats happened to mr hahn the dj- i think he only touched his turntables twice to do baby scarcthes- all he does is do effects instead of scarcthes now

he didn't even cue the jayz beats either i think-probably the sound guy did it

i used to have respect for that guy- come on hahn do sumthin using ur talent lol

hahn did some tite shit with tones and scratching vocals and stuff on the hybrid theory ep album, the cure for the itch track wasnt bad either

i think they just dont give him much of a chance to shine

werd, he's put in the back too much, cure for the itch and session are 2 of the best tracks LP have done

the hybrid theory ep album is pretty rare, i think the only places you can really get it are if you join the lp underground (fan club thing) or if you jack it off the net  :$   :z

www.joehahn.com

u can listen there

there is also a few more demos like their Xero E.P.

Chester sounds a bit weird on these..

Edited by djrusty

I have yet to be impressed by that guy. From what i've seen he's mostly hype, and plays on his little drum pad all the time.

Being a DJ in a rock band sucks I think, You bang your head for about 30 bars then lay down a quick solo and bang your head for another 30 some bars.

I've rarely seen good interaction between a DJ and the rest of the band. I think they just put a DJ in there as a gimmick to say, "hey we gotta dj and we got some baby scratches, so that makes are band awesome"

just my opinion. He might actually be a good DJ but to this day I haven't heard anything to jump out of my pants over.

Edited by DJ NeX

i would consider dj'ing for an emo/new punk band. i hate the music, but just for the sake of getting the art of djing out to a wider audience. i think there should be more dj's in rock bands, to get in peoples heads the idea that dj's arent just gimmicks but are legitamite musicians, as much as guitarists or vocalists

' would consider dj'ing for an emo/new punk band. '

^ nice approach- emo would be quite hard- but doing it if u don't like the music wudn't be a good idea in my view

'to get in peoples heads the idea that dj's arent just gimmicks but are legitamite musicians, as much as guitarists or vocalists '

word- a guy asked me to join his band for the reason that djs are 'cool'.... the band had split up by the time i had got to the first rehersal

'the hybrid theory ep album is pretty rare, i think the only places you can really get it are if you join the lp underground (fan club thing) or if you jack it off the net '

i found my copy of linkin park underground i bought of a mate- hahn's scartching is pretty dope- like on the end of 'Step up' and 'techinique'

lets just hope that they let him go nuts in the turntables onb the next album

'i personally just think lp has dope production skills.. '

i think mike shinoda(their mc) produces all their stuff- the jayz mash up was done entirely by him. I can't wait for his new album

yeh the quality wasn't great on the e.p. streams i managed to find on the joehahn.com site- but the stuff n my undergorund cd was quite good quality