Wicked torrent site for music apps

Steve

i've been playing with fruityloops today

from that other link on dv i d/l'd every drum machine's samples known to man.

every beat i make ends up like early 90's rave though.

its fun. although tricky at work. i cant hear the bass kicks with my "clock radio" speakers. i will give it some flex at home and make some fat beats. fruityloops is fairly straightforward to get started with.

Guest Deeswift
Dont use cool edit.. Use adobe audition - It a much more stable version of cool edit !!!

The programs i recommend -----------

1. Cubase

2. Reason

3. Recycle

4. adobe audition

Those programs are HUGE aren't they! OK, fuck it, I'll try Reason. Cheers for the heads up on Cool Edit, I knew about Audition but still didn't get round to switching from my old CEP 2.1. Do I get to be Peter Quistgard again though?

Dont use cool edit.. Use adobe audition - It a much more stable version of cool edit !!!

The programs i recommend -----------

1. Cubase

2. Reason

3. Recycle

4. adobe audition

Those programs are HUGE aren't they! OK, fuck it, I'll try Reason. Cheers for the heads up on Cool Edit, I knew about Audition but still didn't get round to switching from my old CEP 2.1. Do I get to be Peter Quistgard again though?

Heh NO! Unfortunatly Peter has left the building. --Hes helped me alot through these years, you have obviuosly reinstalled as many times as me!! - If you need a copy of audition i will be on soulseek later ;)

Reason is a good choice although its a little difficult to get used to. If you need any help you know there are quite a few peeps here who use the program so your sorted!!

--------------------------------------

Fruity loops is easy to use - But if your gonna learn something, why not learn the best?

Agreed mate. So what is the best in your opinion?

It all depends what you wanna do.

If its multitracked stuff you wanna do or just some simple wave editing audition is the way to go..

Out of the other lot i would say cubase!! But they all have their advantages.

I say cubase because you can also multitrack in that and add extra vst instruments and effects while in reason you dumped with a lot of presets which you can use...

Its all up to the user really -- I say if possible give them all a try, see which you prefer then stick with that program and learn it. I have done to much drifting and using too many diffrent music programs - It does give you a good all-round idea but i wish i had just discovered cubase earlier and stuck with that!

Hope this helps!

PS -- You can add fx in reason using the scream filter to make drums sound SICK!