what soundcard/interface do u use?

djdiggla

Tiny dropouts and glitches in the sound. It happens on streaming audio, playing thru/recording, and playing tracks off the computer—basically across the board with all uses.

I had posted b4 and had gotten some good help on making sure all my setting were correct with my 2496. That helped a lot and I thought it was all good but I soon started noticing these very small sound blemishes. I have spent the last month or two going through all the m-audio FAQ stuff—disabling all the currently unused stuff (floppy, printer ports, etc), took out all the other PCI cards (USB2, cable/video, etc) to try and bring down the IRQ of the m-audio card below 15 which is what they suggest, reinstalled the card countless times. Put all the settings as m-audio suggests for optimal sound… This is the second card and it has the same issues so it’s not the card—same brand tho so could be a compatibility issue with my AMD chip or motherboard. The system requirements are all well over and everything so I can only figure it’s something to do with my HD cache, the IRQ bullshit, possibly just something wrong with my OS. Who knows.

The sounds are not the big clicks and pops—those were solved ages ago. This is tiny sounds that you wouldn’t even notice if you were just a casual user, but for music shit it’s killing me.

Just got a MOTU 828 mk3 today...

the first one fused witin 5 minutes but Dolphin swapped it straightaway with one that works...

It's ace, loads of EQ and compressors in the onboard DSP (only for use on the inputs otputs, not as vst plugins but still it's a great feature).... loads of inputs and outputs (16 x ADAT channels on top of 10 analogue ins and 8 outs + SPDIF in/out) and very low latency. Low enough to put VST effect on external instrument and be able to play them without noticable latency.

On top of all that it can act standalone as a 16 bus digital mixer :-)

• 3 weeks later...