Shocking problem...

bfresh

I need help figuring out why i keep getting an electric shock.

I've checked all my earth connections in the mains plugs.

It happens when i connect a phono lead into the back of my decent but very used hi fi amplifier. The shock occurs when i hold the other end of the lead (be it phono or jack plugs) and attempt to plug it into something.

The shock isn't major, i'm not dead or owt but it fucking gives a good tingle up me arm.

Just hope it isn't causing any damage to the rest of my gear.

I've searched the net but can't find any decent help, peeps been talking about speaker impedance too high at the amp but i've checked all that.

Anyone ever had this prob, cheers!

That's happened to me... ur not grounded right. Ground may have broken off internally or something... try grounding both your decks to the same ground... what all r u running? a whole lotta shit? Off different power plugs or the same?

I'm running 3 decks, 3 mixers, mpc and an amp from 2 main sockets, via multi extension leads of course, but i don't think thats the problem i wouldn't say i'm overloading the sockets.

So do you reckon my earth(ground) has come off or dry soldered in the amp?

in fact i'm gonna break into the amp now and take a look...

what kinda amp? like one of those mixing board amps? or a speaker amp?

I don't think u are overloading the plugs but if possible, I would sockets everything into one main plug just to see if there is some issue with the wiring itself. When it was happening to me it was kinda a combo of shotty wiring and the plugs not having a ground.

YO!! its alright i'm safe! lol

Its just a speaker amp Yamaha AX 392 to be exact, nothing looks busted inside and i've taken all the mains plugs apart to check the earth, all fine, however the amp plug is a sealed plug hmmmm.

Cheers for scratchin ya heads tho fellas...

YO!! its alright i'm safe! lol

Its just a speaker amp Yamaha AX 392 to be exact, nothing looks busted inside and i've taken all the mains plugs apart to check the earth, all fine, however the amp plug is a sealed plug hmmmm.

Cheers for scratchin ya heads tho fellas...

I was thinking the ground in one of your DJ mixers... but who knows... I think u have too much shit plugged in personally. Might try a power scrubber and take it back if that doesn't help;

i had a pair of etnies and i used to always get static shocks touching stair rails and stuff...

Nah! Its a different kind of shock more like a warm buzzing feeling not like a sharp static shock. I'm getting quite used to the feel of it actually, might try licking the phonos see how the shock feels compared to a 9v battery. :o

Diggla - whats a power scrubber?