DMC Teams go digital

Gizmo

ok ever since i decided to form my rock band ive been lagging on the DJ news so tell me if im totally wrong because i think i am.

does any of this digital stuff have to do with the fact that technics are going bye-bye and there goes the sponsership money? so maybe they are thinking down the line to get ortofon and maybe serato to sponser the comp totally?

someone enlighten me here.

The short answer to that, Face Melt, is no, not really. Basically some of the DMC branches have been pushing for some digital element to be allowed into the championships in some form. As the teams is the most experimental category of the three it was decided to use equipment in that one. It's also worth pointing out that any digital software is being allowed, so not the serato equivalent of the ortofons-only rule.

The DMCs are also sponsored by several different companies, par exemple CK1 (a clear combination made in heaven - DJs and aftershave) and Drunknmunky (hip hop clothes line) to name two.