BURNING/PLAYING XBOX 360 BACKUPS

Steve

So you've got your 360 flashed with the latest iXtreme firmware and you want to burn and play backups - Here's how to do it...........

Software required: -

You will need to install these two programs, both of which are free: -

XDVDMulleter 10.2

http://www.devilsps3.centelia.net/360stealth/XDVDMulleterBeta10.2.rar

IMGBurn

http://www.imgburn.com/

Checking the .dvd file: -

When you unzip a downloaded 360 game, you will usually have a .dvd file and a .iso file, for example: -

strange-civr.dvd

strange-civr.iso

The first thing you need to do is check the contents of the .dvd. file. Open it in Notepad. It should contain two lines of code that look like this: -

LayerBreak=1913760

strange-civr.iso

The first line is always the same and the number should always be 1913760. The second line is the name of the ISO. If either of these lines are incorrect, edit them and save the file.

Checking the ISO: -

Next you need to check the ISO with XDVD Mulleter. Fire the program up and select "View ISO details" and hit Next. Choose the "Load from file" tab, hit the Browse button, select the game ISO, then hit Next. You should get a screen that looks like this: -

Clipboard01.jpg

Make sure that the game is compatibile with the correct region for your 360. Click the CRC Checking tab, then click the AutoFix button. Mulleter will check the ISO and if it detects a problem with it, it will attempt to fix it. All of the boxes must show up as ticked in the Xtreme Compatibility section as shown in the image above. If any of them aren't, then the game may not work, or it may work but you risk being easily detected by MS and being banned from Xbox Live.

Burning the game: -

Now that your ISO and .dvd file have been checked out, you're ready to burn the game. You will need to use dual layer discs. I recommend Verbatims as they have never let me down. Pop a blank disc in the drive and double click the .dvd file. That will fire up IMGBurn. Set the burn speed (which should be the disc's rated speed) and then burn the disc. Job done!

What if there's no .dvd file?

If the ISO doesn't come with a .dvd file you will need to set the layer break manually. To do this, fire up IMGBurn and hit Tools, then Settings. Click on the Write tab and in the Options section at the top right of the window, select "User Specified" and enter 1913760 into the "Sectors in L0:" box. Hit OK and you're ready to burn. All this does is tell the burning software where to put the layer break on the disc. If you don't do this, again the game probably won't work and you risk being banned from Xbox Live.

Can I play on Xbox Live without being banned?

Following the steps in this guide will help to minimise the risk of getting banned, but the risk is still there. Be aware that if you do get banned, your entire console is banned from Live permanently. Nobody knows the exact methods that MS use to detect flashed consoles, so it's a bit of a lottery.

I believe that CloneCD (not CloneDVD) is a more secure software option when it comes to burning back-ups.I have never had failed with it.And Verbatim is the only 100% secure medium, I second that.On the other hand I always use ImgBurn for burning wii games.

I dunno man, I've burned every game using IMGBurn so far and I'm still not banned. I used to validate the burns, but they all came out as perfect so now I just burn and leave it at that. I've not had a single game fail to work or crash mid-game.