ninja gaiden II

infect

I played it for an hour or so yesterday. Graphically, I wouldn't say it's eye-poppingly amazing. The graphics are just OK, although some of the close ups when you do a crazy finishing move are pretty cool. The game is extremely bloody and brutal. You'll chop some fuckers arms and legs off in turn, then stab him through the heart for example. Sometimes if you chop a guy's arm off, it'll still crawl towards you and try and grab you. A guy who's just had his legs severed will try and slide over to you and grab you and then blow himself up.

The combat is simple to begin with, with a button for a normal attack and a button for a strong attack, but it soon gets more complex than that as your character learns more moves. It's quite difficult too, especially when you've got a dozen blokes around you trying to chop you up with swords, throw ninja stars at you and so on. The action is certainly fast and furious. You can buy upgraded weapons and items at various points throughout the game. The camera angle can be annoying at times, which is my main gripe.

So yeah - I like it, but it's hardly a must buy unless you're a fan of the previous Ninja Gaiden games on the Xbox.

This game is doing my head in. There are parts where you have to run along walls, jump at the right time, swing on a pole, jump from that on to another wall, etc., etc. and if you fuck it up you fall and have to do start the whole lot again. I've been so close to throwing the joypad out the facking window.

I've been so close to throwing the joypad out the facking window.

LOL!

a friend of mine used to often loose his temper when gaming. he has shredded more than 10 pads at least by throwing them onto the floor/ against the wall, punched holes into his room door and even threw his tv against the wall...

Hey Steve, if NGII frustrates you, don't EVER try to play any of the Prince of Persia games.

especially the original ones, at least in the new ones you could rewind time etc when u made a mistake. I think i beat the original once but it was really irritating and frustrating