FILE SHARING / P2P APPS

Guest Deeswift

I still think WinMX is the best client out there technically. It has better features than any other, but the user base just isn't there - not for the sort of music I like anyway. Soulseek has the user base, but the program is a pile of shite.

Soulseek has no search filters either. With WinMX you can choose a minimum bitrate for an mp3 or the exact bitrate you want. You can choose specific file types and you can even choose what connection the person you are gonna download from has to avoid 56K people. It's got better options for limiting incoming and outgoing speeds than Soulseek too, plus you can add OpenNap servers to it.

WinMX = Xbox

Soulseek = 8 bit Nintendo

:d

• 3 months later...
Guest Deeswift
what does anyone make of Ares? one of my mates constantly says how good it is but im not sure... havnt dl'ed it yet though

I think it's a load of Arse. The fact you can make that anagram is quite fitting. Ares is for n00bs.

I stick to bit torrents sites less trouble and headaches.

Also try exeem thats a good program to.Alot of people sleep on it.

But here's my take on some p2p i used over the years.

soulseek=great for underground music but sucks on programs.

winmx=good for finding pop music and programs sometimes have problems connecting to the server.

ares=good not enough resources to find stuff.

emule=good but to dam slow in finishing files and a processing hog.

limewire,bearshare ,shareraza,filetopia and c++=not enough of resources.

kazza=stayaway from that shit thats trouble.

Well I hope this gives a idea on what you want to try.

But bittorrents is where it's at

All sorts. It's a sort of cross between chat rooms and typical fileshares. Whatever people have in their shared files you can get.

Like I say it's a bit dogshit as a program, but what with the chat and the fact that it's divided into rooms it means you can find stuff you might have problems finding elsewhere.

I'd be interested to know how it stands on the malware front though.

All sorts. It's a sort of cross between chat rooms and typical fileshares. Whatever people have in their shared files you can get.

Like I say it's a bit dogshit as a program, but what with the chat and the fact that it's divided into rooms it means you can find stuff you might have problems finding elsewhere.

I'd be interested to know how it stands on the malware front though.

Yes it carry malware thats why i stop using it.

• 2 weeks later...

has any one hered of revconnect? thats what i always use

revconnect.com is where you download it from.

when you open revconnect for the 1st time you have to share some files (about 5 gig) the more the better, you have to share files to connect to the hubs

hublist.org is where you add the hubs from.

the more users in the hubs the better

its the fastest download program ive ever used and its the only one ill probly use ever again

• 2 months later...