I'm Gonna Be Hosting A Freestyle Scratchin Comp In London

Blak Randy

I've been approached by a venue who want me to do it. They are currently contacting a sponsor to get a prize sorted. If they are able to arrange what they said they may be able to, it's gonna probably be the best prize I have ever seen in a scratching contest :)

I allready have potentially 7 or 8 DJ's who I'd consider to be as good as pretty much anyone around so the standard looks to be as good as any comp I've seen.

I want it to be really credible though. No shitty desicions. Judges who actually know about and still care about scratching. Scratchers judged on ability, style, musicallity ect. Not who has the fanciest tracksuit top or who can scratch with their noses.

Would people be willing to enter or attend the event? I need to start putting the feelers out now as the venue want some idea.

Lastly, we can have the venue on a Sunday. I thought a bank holiday as there is no work the next day. Only trouble is next bank holiday is no good so got to wait till beginning of next year.

However, If we did not do it on a bank holiday so it was on a normal sunday (A schoolnight with work the next day) later in the year, would people still make the effort to come?

P.S. Seriously, it would be the best prize ever. I so hope they sort it.

Not who has the fanciest tracksuit top

this concerns me a little bit...

tell me its a hella fancy karl lagerfield tracksuit top...

seriously though, i'd be down if it was a bank holiday weekend and i had the cash to come down...i'd get slayed though, so i'd need at least 6 months to raise my gayme

i'd get slayed though, so i'd need at least 6 months to raise my gayme

Not necesarrily man. This ain't gonna just be who can do the fastest triple time reverse delayed orbits. Also I'd have prises for differwent catergeries. Basically just be yourself and be funky : )

P.S. I'm a have Lagerfeld make the DJ outfits.

Diary permitting I could see me making a trip down for this and to catch up with some London muckers I haven't seen for a while yeah.

Word to the wise though (although I know you know this). If you think that something will be successful because of what people on the internet think - THINK AGAIN.

Again this is for others benefit not yours cos you know all this stuff - budget for a decent host/mc. You need someone that can keep the energy up cos there is always stupid amounts of dead time in these sorts of show and without someone filling in them gaps it can be as flat as a pancake.

Again this is for others benefit not yours cos you know all this stuff - budget for a decent host/mc. You need someone that can keep the energy up cos there is always stupid amounts of dead time in these sorts of show and without someone filling in them gaps it can be as flat as a pancake.

Man. Thanks Joe. To be honest due to being at a kizzilion battles and scratch events, yours included. I have worked out how to make it run flawlessly (In theory).

2 set ups of one deck and mixer. If people wanna switch left to right that can be done while the other person cuts.

Rane mixers on both sets. I know 95% of the djs will hapilly cut on a Rane so will minimise changes. People will still be able to use thier own if they really want but I know nearly everyone will be happy with Ranes.

Will have a PDX on each set up. As it's a freestyle comp no one will complain. If their is a really effinh whingy pussyclart there will be a tech there.

There is also a totally seperate set of decks in another area for actual DJing.

Also as you say it never goes to plan and there is allways gaps so no doubt I'll be having Stig host. He's about the best in the biz when it comes to hosing/being funny/taking the piss plus freestyling/rapping ect.

if i entered i would definitely lose but who needs prizes when you can have fun, so if i can get down i may well enter. my driving test is in 3 weeks now, if i pass i'm going to try my best to travel about for a month or two visiting people and places before i actually stop temping and go for a proper job, so sunday wouldn't be a problem, but even if it's in the more intermediate future i'll probably still have a go at driving back. to whereever i'm living then. which might even be london, i have no idea. i need to do something of some significance soon otherwise think i'm going to deflate completely.

if i entered i would definitely lose but who needs prizes when you can have fun, so if i can get down i may well enter. my driving test is in 3 weeks now, if i pass i'm going to try my best to travel about for a month or two visiting people and places before i actually stop temping and go for a proper job, so sunday wouldn't be a problem, but even if it's in the more intermediate future i'll probably still have a go at driving back. to whereever i'm living then. which might even be london, i have no idea. i need to do something of some significance soon otherwise think i'm going to deflate completely.

if it pops off i'll give you a lift innit, midlands represent n' all that...

Unbelievably good. I really hope this event happens.

look at this, ole Mr Haircut comes to ireland and rapes our rural skratch events just like you did our people....

ps. did you rape anyone while you were here? just fact checking...

good idea Randam

you could have a bonus round where Jim skratches for 3hrs, and people have to guess whether or not he repeated any patterns....

...the answers no by the way....

Unbelievably good. I really hope this event happens.

look at this, ole Mr Haircut comes to ireland and rapes our rural skratch events just like you did our people....

ps. did you rape anyone while you were here? just fact checking...

good idea Randam

you could have a bonus round where Jim skratches for 3hrs, and people have to guess whether or not he repeated any patterns....

We're gonna have leprechauns, Guinnes, Shamrocks and gaelic football but honestly I didn't steal the idea from you lot in Ireland.

Nah, In truth it wasn't my idea. It was the manager of the venue. He must be crackers.

Sadly no Rape. I'm to scared of my lass. She recons if she ever caught me cheating she'd burn my records and put Salad Cream in my shampoo bottle (The latter being the more scary fate).

I had the misfortune of having to cut in public with him to about 200 people on friday when he was sober and warmed up and I was half cocked and just stepped on the decks. As you cvan imagine, it's probably not the best I've ever came off looking.

P.S. You coming? I know where you can get whores for £30.

get dave pearce or jim davidson

Naah Simon Mayo.

I'm on for this. I'll make sure 10 to 20 plus heads from my ends and Leeds are in attendance too.

Whats it gonna be called?

I still haven't even got to that point. I just need to find out if they can sort the prize then i'll sort everything.