Akai MPD24 or MPD32?

Hello chaps,

I want to get a Midi controller to use with Serato & Ableton....

I've seen the MPD24 in action and it looks like a doddle to set up...

Question is, shoiuld I wait until the MPD32 is released....from what I've seen, it looks like it's geared more towards production....

I think the only main differences that the 32 has are things like bet repeat, etc....

Any suggstions?

i got the 24 and it's wicked. but the 32 does look pretty sweet. I guess it all depends on what you think you're going to be doing with it. I mean, sliders and knobs don't help me much because i use mine for drumming, but if you're ableton set has loads and loads of different effects, you might need all those extra sliders.

I would love to have note repeat on the 24 though....

The 32 seems like a lot of money for what it is - doesn't seem much different to the 24. I've got a Korg Padkontrol and the pads are much nicer than the old mpd16 (don't know if the akai ones are better now) and its got a x-y pad for rolls, flam, anything, and you can do note repeat, but not much assignable stuff.... That doesnt' help does it!

Cheer for the replies - I think I'm gonna wait for the 32, which should be about a month (gayness!)....

I've heard some good things about the Padkontrol, but the lack of faders and rotaries kinda puts me off....

would be nice to use them to scroll through my crates....

i think the only real advantage to the 32 is the banks for the pots and sliders, which if i understand correctly the 24 doesn't have. if you need a lot of midi assignments at once, the 32 is probably the way to go. otherwise it's just two extra sliders innit. the 24 and 32 both have the same pads and sensors as the 2500, which are much better than the 16 and the oldskool 1000.