what cud i do?

Dj_Rasko

cheers man, iv heard tht the tear is a scratch that should b focused on aa lot and that it unlocks many different combos?! I broke my hand by punching a wall ... stupid i kno but i was propa angry. The bone completely snapped. initially i was gonna hav to hav pins but they put me on laughin gas ( but it didnt fukin work) and they adjusted the bone. got to move my hand/ fingers every half an hour... if i dont i cud develop a claw hand hahaha.

Seeing as you're a lefty record hand guy, I'd suggest improving the more powerful techniques too. As somebody who cuts using my non-writing hand on the record, I find that most things come reasonably through a bit of training, but uzis, fast scribbles and any other techniques that require exceptionally quick moves really do suffer. I can do these fine with my right hand, but I feel natural flowing with the left.

If you identify with any of that, I'd suggest throwing in a bit of practice doing those as well as tearing and so forth.

If you're able to do a little gentle movement with your right, practice pianos and stuff like that. It's quite hard to find the right place to tap when you're a lefty, but I like to use the gentlest touch of my right on the record just left of the power knob (on a Tech) to perfom faderless clicks, tending to hold my hand as flat and parallel to the record surface as possible when I do.

I do envy right-ies when it comes to faderless stuff, the fader hand is much closer to where it needs to be. But with a reasonable amount of practice, I'm sure it makes little difference.

Don't be surprised if you skip a lot at first, it takes an incredibly delicate touch. I reckon if your hand is as painful as you say, you'll have an incredibly delicate touch!!