Any Guitarists/Drummers on this board?

Cable

Hey people,

Just a quick question - any of you d00ds play guitar or drums at all? Got a couple of ideas for this year's battle season.....

Don't particularly wanna give anything away, but got a specific idea for a routine that needs some guitar and drum interpolations....

Let me know!

I can certainly help you achieve "grade" 8, how quick this takes you is down to your time you put in to playing. For me i had a gap year so 12 hours a day was easy to do as i did not need a job either. Which is only technically grade 7 as the steps are:

1,2,3,4,5,6,8. Cos there was such a small difference between the two.. and "Grade 8" is a commonly known term in music they didn't change it to seven.

Few tips....

Learn your chords (not so much how to play them... by why a major is a major... why a minor is a minor etc)

Then learn the scales that will "work" with the chord you know.

Followed by learning each "mode" of that scale and working out which of the modes will work with that chord as well. Once you know this.. grade 8 is piss to complete as its just maths.

If you want to pass the grade 8 "playing" aspect which takes alot longer... For me it took 1 year which involved 12 hours a day every day and no social life pretty much during my gap year. I wouldn't recommend doing what I did, due to hand injuries, and well I ended up getting an obsessive compulsive with guitar and I still have my obsessive compulsive. As with many other subjects mind, which now means I cannot hold down a job as I always end up waking up at 6am playing guitar and never go to work. Not even by choice. So I'm kinda addicted i guess.

I know alot of people who have done grade 8, in under one year, so i aint no "miracle guy" that this forums keep wording me as in a sarcastic way... its possible to do as many people can and have done it.. its not as hard as people make it out to be. In simple terms, if i can do it.. so can any one of you.

Let me know what your track is key wise/beat wise. I can tell you what options you got.. then, show you them options then let you do it if you prefer it that way so that the whole track consists of "you" rather than you and some one else. But if you do want some one to assist..i can certainly try.

Always happy to session with any one in any music genre. Experimenting = Good :)

Edited by Snobbery