New Innofader?

i was gonna get the pro x fade because all the cool cats are using it you know what i mean. plus it's analog which is like plus 5000 points AND if you have it in your mixer then people will know you are down to scratch and aren't just some shitty mix DJ (no offense).

whats the deal with this thing?? im assuming that the innofader is going to be released as a direct competitor to the already over crowded fader market. the thing is supposed to be cheaper than the pro x fade which makes me believe that it will be shitter.

heres a blurb

Audio Innovate introduces the InnoFader, a replacement for industry standard VCA faders, with the advantages of Audio Innovate´s exclusive non-contact, variable capacitor technology*. With an 8mm stem, sturdy, long body construction, and without a fader brush to wear out, the InnoFader is designed to last over 4 million cycles of use - with zero maintenance.

The InnoFader uses variable capacitor technology which, unlike current optical technology*, makes it 100% resistant to smoke, dust, and moisture that plague most DJ working environments. In addition, currently used magnetic faders only work in the same brand mixers, leaving DJs limited options for upgrading their mixer faders. The InnoFader is designed to work with mixers from a variety of manufacturers.

*WTF??!!!?!

from reading that im assuming that this fader uses optical technology which to me means lasers. fuck lasers, you can never trust them.

InnoFader Info Page

I think it looks like a good alternative - and I think Elliot is on the ball enough not to have one that is built like total shit.

It won't be a magic cure for mixers with shitty response circuitry, but otherwise sounds pretty decent.

i have no idea what you just said. to me optical means invisible laser beam and capacitance is a cross between an insect and something that an IT guy might say to me after i spilled water on my laptop.

does this also mean that when the next AEM mixer comes out with the faders closer together that it will have this cross-fader fitted?? and BTW WhenTF is this thing coming out??

i'll only wait for it if ebsel refuse to give info on the upfaders they were supposed to be making and then stopped talking about.

It's not lasers or optical - it's a new non-contact capacitance based technology.

It's capacitance? Interesting. A friend of mine might be trying a prototype out because he said he would pop it in his Urei 1601S and Tascam XS-4. We will see how things turn out. Unfortunately for me, I have a Rane TTM 56 and it doesn't fit in there...

• 1 month later...

Hey all,

Sorry for coming to this forum so late. I want to address a few points:

"the innofader is going to be released as a direct competitor to the already over crowded fader market. the thing is supposed to be cheaper than the pro x fade which makes me believe that it will be shitter."

Well the market is such that while there are so so many faders, the only universal fader for a while has been the Pro X Fade. With the exception of Pro Sound & Stage Lighting in the US, very few stores are happy to carry 100 replacement faders. Pro X Fade has had a monopoly on this market so having healthy competition only means things can get better for all.

Regarding price, my goal has always been to offer a high quality fader at a price all can afford. Audio Innovate runs very low overhead so we can invest more money into the product itself and keep the prices reasonable for DJs. During the testing process, I've eliminated the less reliable components and substituted more durable ones for the screws and curve/cut-in adjusment trim pots.

Feel free to go to our website for more detail on the workings and development of the Innofader:

www.innofader.com

"I think they just don't want to put pro-x faders in their mixers anymore..."

Actually there is truth to that. At the time we developed the AEM-100 and AEM-100i, the Pro X Fade was really the best option available. However, at this point I really see the need for improvement. Some DJs don't want to bother with cleaning a fader every week or so, and sometimes DJs forget and then have to scrape down the contacts later. We've also had a few customers adjust the cut-in several times and make the rails come loose. It's not many DJs who have these issues but it's enough for us to see the need for improvement.

Occasionally we also get DJs who want to "get rid of the dip in the middle" and "sharpen the cut" so having the curve adjust on the Innofader itself helps us resolve both of these issues.

"It's rather more to do with the owner of Audio Innovate being a DJ übergeek and wanting to crack the idea he'd come up with."

Yeah that's an obvious truth hehe...

Fuck pro x mine lasted 9months and completely stopped working. I tore it apart and took a close look at it and the prongs are completely worn down. i bent them back into place and it seems to work for now, but since i had to pull the rails off to get it apart the fader doesn't feel the same anymore. Its not nice and smooth as it used to be even though its lubed up.

Giz, do you remember the idea I outlined to you some time ago? These people really ought to have got to see that, it'd have been a damn sight simpler (and probabbly cheaper) to impliment. Never mind

edit: any chance said ubergeek would punt a circuit diagram my way? I'm assuming if the info is in the public domain then they've got their IP straight so shouldn't be an issue, right?

• 2 months later...
nice. any release date??

i was gonna cop the AEM-100i but i might wait if you guys have a new mixer on the way. any info on that?

That's the next logicial step once the Innofader comes out. I hear the faceplate will be redesigned to match the red/black color scheme on the crossfader. Should look so-weet!