Just Wondering....

squaddy

You guys ever feel like you can't find your way in this 'djing' world? It almost feels like every aspect of 'djing' has been exhausted-there is nothing new and innovative that any one dj can possibly create or even re-create. There are great djs out there, I have no doubts about that but one has to wonder how some of them stay ahead of this game. Is it because most of the top djs have developed some unique style or have created something that we all implement into our styles today.

I guess my point of this thread is just to express my current frustration with 'djing.' There just seems to be no avenue for upcoming or even seasoned djs to make a mark. Do you guys feel the same or are your experiences very different?

dude, i wish i had ur problems. i wish i could find my way in the real world. but when it comes do djing all well known dj's are producers, used to dj for a well known group or they are battle winners...

Not saying it's 'the problem' of all problems, it's just one of my frustrations with being a dj. To me, it's the only one thing that plays on my mind. Everything else in my case can work itself out. Finding yourself in the real world is an entirely different beast.