scratchlive 1.8

scott r

There are 3 new features to relative mode.

The first is if you are in relative mode and you put the needle at the start of the record then the file is reset to the start, previously the only ways you could do it is either rewind all the way back to the start of the track on reach over to the laptop. This is great for mixing tracks which have been unprepared with cue points.

The second addition is one I've not actually used which basically means if you pick the needle up and move it say 2 mins into the record the track will move on 2mins, this was previously not the case and what would happen was the track would just continue from where it was when the needle was picked up, I actually prefer it the old way because it allows me to reposition the markers.

The 3rd addition, and probably the best imho, is that you can now jump to cue points 1-5 by dropping the needle on the first 1-5mins of the record...this is the nuts and you now no longer have to go back and fourth between the turns and laptop, infact if you have a pre planned set you shouldn't need to touch the laptop at all unless you want to use other features like looping.

hmm, so is it possible to have stickers on the record that apply to the same spot in the song every time in relative mode like in absolute mode now or no?

No but it's easy enough to deal with...you set your cue point at the place you want, when you want go there you turn the record to 12 o'clock or whatever and drop the need on the cue point you want and job done. That's how I do it anyway :d

hmm, so is it possible to have stickers on the record that apply to the same spot in the song every time in relative mode like in absolute mode now or no?

No but it's easy enough to deal with...you set your cue point at the place you want, when you want go there you turn the record to 12 o'clock or whatever and drop the need on the cue point you want and job done. That's how I do it anyway :d

will it stick?

I'm just wondering if there's a way to mark up records with stickers for a scratch sentence or something, and have them apply in relative mode still... so the advantages of both absolute/relative, I don't know if that's possible really though