I bought insert cables for RC-20XL? Is that okay?

Hey guys. I accidentally bought two Hosa dual RCA to single 1/4" Y-cables online because I need my RCA outputs on my Rane TTM 56 to go into the single 1/4" input on the Boss RC-20XL, as well as the other cable going from the single 1/4" jack output of the RC-20XL into the RCA inputs of my monitors. However, I do not know whether the RC-20XL's INST input or the Output are stereo, but it would probably be okay to use the insert cables, right?

• 1 month later...

On the RC-20XL, input can be stereo or mono, but whatever you're looping (output) will come out as mono.

Also, for the RC-20XL to sample/ loop properly - you're going to have to use 1/4 Y-cables (from the looper to the 56) so you can engage Flex FX. If you don't do it through the effects section of your mixer, the levels will probably be too soft...

You could also try connecting your looper to the 'Aux out' on your 56 - it's been a while, so I couldn't tell you what happened when I ran something through it.

Link - http://scratchlive.net/forum

On the RC-20XL, input can be stereo or mono, but whatever you're looping (output) will come out as mono.

Also, for the RC-20XL to sample/ loop properly - you're going to have to use 1/4 Y-cables (from the looper to the 56) so you can engage Flex FX. If you don't do it through the effects section of your mixer, the levels will probably be too soft...

You could also try connecting your looper to the 'Aux out' on your 56 - it's been a while, so I couldn't tell you what happened when I ran something through it.

Link - http://scratchlive.net/forum

Thanks. However, I have since figured it out. Thanks anyways!