Active Virus Shield update problem

Monkey-Hands

Last night my AVS showed that the Signatures are out of date, so I wanted to do the update.

It worked up to 22% and then broke up.

It allways said: File downloading error: incorrect signature (0x8000005A)

And then: Update finished with error: incorrect signature (0x8000005A)

I´m trying to update it since then but I get the same message over and over.

The expiration date is 05.12.2007 so that can´t be the problem.

I hope someone can help me!!!!!!! :(

try this mate

NOD32 Antivirus System provides well balanced, state-of-the-art protection against threats endangering your PC and enterprise systems running various platforms from Microsoft Windows 95 / 98 / ME / NT / 2000 / 2003 / XP / Vista, through a number of UNIX/Linux, Novell, MS DOS operating systems to Microsoft Exchange Server, Lotus Domino and other mail servers.

Users of Microsoft® Windows® can experience the power and elegance of NOD32's ThreatSense Technology with ease and comfort. NOD32's single optimized engine offers the best protection from viruses, spyware, adware, phishing attacks, and more. Keep tomorrow's threats at bay with NOD32 proactive detection technology. And it has the smallest footprint and fastest performance - bar none.

The fourth generation of the NOD32 Antivirus System features a fully integrated software suite characterized by an unprecedented detection track record, the fastest scanning rates and extremely low utilization of system resources. NOD32's detection efficiency combined with 2-50 times faster hard disk scanning rate earned the product many international prestigious awards.

Features

ThreatSense™ technology — a single optimized anti-threat engine for analyzing code to identify malicious behavior, such as viruses, spyware, adware, phishing and more

Unprecedented heuristic analysis capable of discovering new malware threats as they emerge

Powerful virtual PC emulation technology enables unpacking and decryption of all types of archives and run-time packing

Able to clean active malware running in memory

Protects at multiple infiltration points, including HTTP, POP3, SMTP and all local and removable media

Removes infections from files that are locked for writing (e.g., loaded DLL file)

Prevents infected files from being opened and executed, and warns on creation of infected files

Automatic execution on system startup

Supports multiple Terminal Server environments

Supports scanning of mapped network disks

NOD32 AntiVirus

Notes: (Follow exactly as mentioned or you will be stuck with 30 day trial)

- Install NOD32, Choose Custom install.

- During installation Push "Set update parameters later".

- Dont`t reboot when installation complete.

- Install NOD32 FiX v2.2.exe

- Don't restart PC.

- Go to the installation folder of NOD32, usually C:\Program Files\Eset, you will see nod32fix.reg (It's a registry entry for NOD32).

- Click nod32fix.reg. It will ask you whether you wanna add the entry, just click on yes then click on OK.

- Now Restart your PC.

- Now you have 40,000 years of free updates.