BitLOrd

ARD

It's a bit dodgy looking. Is this good? Are you using it?

The site looks a bit dodgy to me too for some reason. I've read a few posts on forums about it and it seems to be legit and spyware free, although it looks like a rip off of BitComet.

Guest Deeswift
No need to install, but install/uninstall packages are provided.

eh???

Meaning that with the installer, you can install it like any other software, or you can just download all the files needed, stick 'em in a folder and manually put them anywhere you want on your drive.

I don't like this software, there's just something wrong about it. I don't like the fact that it has adverts on it like "buy marijuana here" and XXX chat, so I'll stick with Azureus.

Azureus still seems to be the way to go for most people.

I have an old version of BitSprit somewhere that gave ridiculously fast speeds, much faster than my cable internet connection was supposed to run. I once downloaded full isos for Max Payne 2 in under half an hour with it. What I didn't realise at first is that it exploited an upload faking technique to achieve these insane speeds, so I stopped using it.

I also used to use Nova Torrent, the file hashing was a bit of a mess but I found it to be a fast, uncomplicated, light app that ran fine in the background on the living room PIII 733 whilst we watched movies and allsorts. I'd reccomend that app for use in scrap PC's.

I'd avoid gaylord

• 4 weeks later...