xone:02 CF

anyone had problems with snapping the crossfader on these things? it is only a couple millimeters thick and i snapped it straight off after only two weeks of use. Can't get a response from allen and heath or from djdeals.com. Anyone else had issues with either of these companies?

i heard back from allen and heath. They said there was a bad batch where there were some "v-shaped indentations" on the stem and was a known weakness but was corrected by p&g.

Sounds like bs to me, but who knows.

I very politely asked them to send me an "alternate" crossfader with a thicker stem. Hopefully they send me a pro x :).

Allready got one but it went bad after only a week or two and the dude Siya at EB doesn't seem to be of any help.

• 3 weeks later...

hell yeah!

first they said they would be glad to come pick up the mixer, replace the CF, and send it back. I replied with my shipping address and they wrote back saying they would just send a brand new p&g which arrived promptly in the mail no more than a week later.

They were very pleasant to deal with i must say.

p&g faders are nice but when I had one I got through countless fader stems because the kept snapping...it might be worth getting a few extra stems, the cost about £15 and Gizmo recently found a place you can buy them and posted the address on SkratchWorks so check there.

Since then I've had a pro x and had no complaints there, its bootiful...pity you got a duff one :(

• 2 weeks later...