Serato keyboard cover for Macbooks

:| that's the best they could come up with?! seriously? that is fucking shite. now instead of searching around going 'it's one of these white keys' you presumably go 'it's one of these bile yellow keys', until you memorise the positions by touch. and realise you've pissed £30 up the wall.

.......seriously, i'm staring at this in disbelief. that's about as much use as a chocolate teapot

:| that's the best they could come up with?! seriously? that is fucking shite. now instead of searching around going 'it's one of these white keys' you presumably go 'it's one of these bile yellow keys', until you memorise the positions by touch. and realise you've pissed £30 up the wall.

.......seriously, i'm staring at this in disbelief. that's about as much use as a chocolate teapot

I don't know, admittedly I've never used Serato but, it looks pretty useful to me. The labelling is clear and everything's grouped - I hate trying to visualise groups of shortcuts.

The red writing will probably disappear in a club though.

• 1 month later...

Will everyone please stop mentioning serato, yesterday £120 worth of vinyl arrived (my first proper vinyl buy this year) and it was pretty much all double for some gigs I got coming up...as a result I've ended up with about 2 sets of doubles I can actually use, the rest are either warped on only 1 in stock.

First though which comes to mind was that if I had serato I would only have had to buy 1 copy of each at a cut down price, been guarenteed to be able to use as double, guarenteed flat records and would avoided all the arsing about with fucking stickers....£120 worth of vinyl would've probably cost £20.

As a result I've had to work very fucking hard to come into work to day and not log on with the credit card then I come here and it's fucking "serato this" and "serato that"...you fucking cunts, I hate you all!

Send back the warped records, seriously - it's the only way shops will stop selling them!

Also, for £120 you could have bought DJDecks software (€15) ESI Soundcard (£80) and two control records, either final scratch, serato, ms pinky etc (£30)

If you've got a laptop you'd be all set for digital djing.

Check out the software at www.djdecks.be

Send back the warped records, seriously - it's the only way shops will stop selling them!

Also, for £120 you could have bought DJDecks software (€15) ESI Soundcard (£80) and two control records, either final scratch, serato, ms pinky etc (£30)

If you've got a laptop you'd be all set for digital djing.

Check out the software at www.djdecks.be

Is there any legal reason why I can send the warped records back, baring in mind the warps are pretty minor and there is nothing wrong with them from a mixing/playing records point of view, it only when you start doing quick backspins that the problems arise which sadly is the precise reason why I brought doubles of them all :(

I already have paid for djdecks, and while it is a fantasic effort and I fully support it it just didn't quite do it for me :(

Well the argument would be that they are not fit for purpose - you want to juggle with them, but you can't. Their counter argument would probably be - if they play fine normally, that is their purpose. On the other hand, are they of marchantable quality? If you bought a t-shirt and the stitching was off on one side, although you could physically put it on and wear it - would you expect to be able to take it back? I hope so.

Best thing to do is either ring/check out http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ and then call the place you bought from.

It is an arguement which I think could be argued forever, as far as I can see though it's not essentially the shops fault, it goes higher up than that. If we made the shops take back all warped records, then they've got to make the distributers take them back or they lose out, as a result the distributers would have to make the pressing plant take them back who would then lose out unless they raised their prices which would have a knock on effect all the way back down the line...it think the problem of warped vinyl is a hard one to fix :(

BACK ON TOPIC:

I've just come across this which you could print out on stickers and stick on your serato laptop keyboard, unlike the original post these are not restricted to Macs although will not have the same quality...

The proper printable versions are available from:

http://ssl-wiki.help.bootlegs.de/index.php...eyboard_sticker