Charity Shop price hikes

Wax On

I went round town yesterday and I swear some cunt's properly pricing records now, its horrible!

the days of 99p per album are fading, everyone's adopting Oxfam styles!

luckily, i came accross this website which i feel i should give people a heads up on (once i placed my order!), a lot of soul and funk, the odd little bit of hip hop, a fair amount of jazz

www.vinylnet.co.uk

happy hunting

i ordered about £200 worth of stuff there, buzzin!

I went round town yesterday and I swear some cunt's properly pricing records now, its horrible!

the days of 99p per album are fading, everyone's adopting Oxfam styles!

luckily, i came accross this website which i feel i should give people a heads up on (once i placed my order!), a lot of soul and funk, the odd little bit of hip hop, a fair amount of jazz

www.vinylnet.co.uk

happy hunting

i ordered about £200 worth of stuff there, buzzin!

bit expensive that site

yeah for the most part i think they're pretty clued up about these things, there was a hip hop record i wanted that was about £25

i was in a charity shop yesterday chatting to a guy who goes too the boot sales, a proper record trader, and he found a record worth £700 for 99p in another shop. i wish i knew these things!

quite a nice site there wax, probably won't really use it but it's nice to know it's there!

there's an age concern near me that does 2 for 50p on 12s and 4 for 50p on 45s. that's what's up. then there's a leukemia research down the road that does 12s for 50p-£2. digging's no fun when you're paying above that for records is it.

the only thing i reckon i've paid over the odds for was £10 for the strange games and funky things 7" which was £10.

i'm getting £200 for a workshop i did the other afternoon though so i'm feeling a bit rich at the moment...poor kids, they were expecting tigerstyles!

sorry i meant decisive, i know that you're from the scummy south MattSouth

you mean the fucking shite part of this cuntry

exactly.

@decisive: if i ever have any money again to buy wax i'll give you a shout to check leicester cos i'm in Derby, the heart of the world

@decisive: if i ever have any money again to buy wax i'll give you a shout to check leicester cos i'm in Derby, the heart of the world

cool man, likewise

very occasionally...

got some tribe, public enemy, cypress hill and gunshot in Barnsley once

got some krispy 3 at the car boot sale last week

occasionally get the odd bit of old def jam.

these things are few and far between, but when you find em its all worth it

do u ever actually find any hip hop when ur diggin (in uk obviously)?

or am i just looking in the wrong places?

i don't really. unless i go to an actual second hand record store i almost never find hip hop, unless james last is hip hop and i didn't get the memo. when i dig i look for cool stuff to sample/listen to rather than stuff to play, in general.

do u ever actually find any hip hop when ur diggin (in uk obviously)?

or am i just looking in the wrong places?

i don't really. unless i go to an actual second hand record store i almost never find hip hop, unless james last is hip hop and i didn't get the memo. when i dig i look for cool stuff to sample/listen to rather than stuff to play, in general.

word, i look for smooth jazz and stuff. find marginally more of that sort of thing than hip hop, but still not massive amount.

if you go to boot sales though, you might find someone selling off a fat collection from time to time, its all luck of the draw...and making sure you get there real early!

i need to get my car boot game on i need me some old keyboards and shit too. i gotta learn to drive man... sooncome. the problem with charity shops is people from small towns of a certain age all tend to have the same shit... and it's usually kinda weak where i'm from. it does make finding something dope even nicer though. the best is when you find something nice, and some old girl wrote her name on the label and shit, and you plough through the rest of the records and just buy up her whole collection, and find out this girl had TASTE, man! and it's like, i dunno, something quite special to sit and vibe for an evening on someone you've never met before's records, who's probably dead, but that evening's on them, and there's that connection........... er... fuck was the topic again?!

next 5 years prices for vinyl is gonna drop right out. even the rare gems won't be so ridiculous, ask anyone who works in a record shop (i do) and they know. personally im done paying out the ass for the hard-to-finds for the moment, but im keeping my eyes open for the long term here. it's gonna be very exciting for us collectors :)