VJ software?

anyone know of any vj software that's any good. In particular, i'm looking for a pretty specific function.

1. hit pad on MPC to make noise and send midi message.

2. Corresponding video clip is triggered by midi message.

for example, i hit a pad with a ukelele sample on it, and on the screen a video clip of a dude playing the ukelele will play.

I guess i would want it to do other things as well, but for now that's the only thing i know I really want it to be able to do.

any ideas?

Look into this program. http://www.arkaos.net I've heard really good things about it. And yes you can use a midi controller to trigger videos with it.

As for Serato. The video functions will only work with a Rane 57 and you'll have to purchase the video plugin as well.

My buddy's 56 has so many issues and its only 2yrs old.

IMO - I don't have much trust in Rane anymore. I'd rather go with an alternative.

you were on the money with this one hertzworth, this is too cool!!!

I hit pad, pad makes noise, pad makes video start. I'm gonna have fun with this. If anyone has even a slight interest in this stuff, i highly recommend checking it out. 21 day free trial, can't go wrong!!