bleed on a rane 56?!

I'm recording a mixtape at the moment, and have had to put the master output into my laptop, with the volume stupidly low on both the gains and the mater output in order for the music not to distort...

I have tried the aux out instead, but same problem occurs...

Anyhow, its been fine up until now. I can hear bleeding coming from the speakers if I turn my amp up. If i turn the output on the mixer up as well, and even lower the volume of the amp, I can still hear music - even when both volume faders are down! fucking annoying when I'm doing back-cueing!

Is my rane fucked? do i need to sort the sensors out? or am i doing something wrong with regards to plugging stuff in and out of the mixer?

I'm recording a mixtape at the moment, and have had to put the master output into my laptop, with the volume stupidly low on both the gains and the mater output in order for the music not to distort...

I have tried the aux out instead, but same problem occurs...

Anyhow, its been fine up until now. I can hear bleeding coming from the speakers if I turn my amp up. If i turn the output on the mixer up as well, and even lower the volume of the amp, I can still hear music - even when both volume faders are down! fucking annoying when I'm doing back-cueing!

Is my rane fucked? do i need to sort the sensors out? or am i doing something wrong with regards to plugging stuff in and out of the mixer?

I think your sensors are out of place, srsly.

Don't think it's ever happened to me, and I've been through a lotta 56's. :/

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem using high gain, its not my sensors either.. Im running the mixer through my mpc and i have volume controls on there too before it enters my amp.. Just messing with the gains can give me the sound i want without the added sound in the background.... On the other hand it might be your sensors.