Vestax PMC-08, Rodec Scratchbox, or Allen & Heath Xone: 02?

you get what you pay for.

if you are actually a good dj out there working, i.e. djing and getting paid for it, you could afford a scratchbox. It's true its expensive. but it's made in Belgium, not Taiwan.

i've had mine for for a year with no sign of any problems so far.

and yeah a+h, i forgot about so, its definately a competitor.

not aware of the a+h having FX inserts with the wet and dry control and the assignable 3rd channel though so i personally could not use it for my live beat making shows for example.

really the scratchbox is very useful for djs looking for more expanded options, and build quality all in one. i really reccomend it over any other mixer if you can save the cash.

and yes i wish it was cheaper!

Word to all of that Jim -sensible comments finally!

it's made in Belgium, not Taiwan.

And the Xone is lovingly made in the Yoo-Kay. Show some love!

i've had mine for for a year with no sign of any problems so far.

And I've had mine over five! I don't exactly look after it, either...

not aware of the a+h having FX inserts with the wet and dry control and the assignable 3rd channel though so i personally could not use it for my live beat making shows for example.

Yeah the lack of a wet/dry control is one beef. I'm guessing the thinking was that most FX equipment has dedicated wet/dry, but it's hardly ideal to have this stuff too far away from the fader. As for the assignable 3rd channel, you can run all four inputs on the Xone independently so there's possibilities there too. With my very limited setup I can do stuff like mix tracks on vinyl, switch to vinyl emulation and mix in a track, keep the mix running and cut at the same time (all 3 sources), stuff like that.

So is the conclusion of this thread that Vestax should pull their fucking finger out?

• 1 month later...
scratchbox rules. no big talk needed, just try and realise.

vestax fall apart

allen and heath have wack faders

i have the version with the P&G fader, and the pro-x-fade gave me more probs in the first month than the p&g has done in 3 months. so i'm more a P&G person now.

the linefaders is not the best quality, but IMO they are ok. i can imagine that they'd last me a year or so. but if the ecler pro-faders don't fuck up the curves, then i'll be updating to that.

and just to end the pro-fader 100kohm vs 50kohm argument, they are 100kohm according to Ecler.

as for the 08, Vestax will release an OS update on it in the future. when it will be, only time will show.

A&H offers a level of quality you'd be very hard pressed to get at such a low price tag, the Scratchbox is clearly offering a level of quality that cannot be found anywhere at any price tag, so it's top dollar.

The A&H sound quality is wonderful, especially considering the price.

the mixer is very well quality overall with a little exception of the linefaders, from an objective POV, but it's worth every penny.

When i bought it I had some doe and it was either the xone:02 or the rane ttm56 in fact.

But the 56's faderlength bugs me to a certain degree, might be because i haven't scratched on it enough perhaps, so i got the xone:02 and i haven't regret it for a second.

Nice cut, nice lag and it generally just feels good.

IMO get what you feel more comfortable with than the most spec'ed.

and just to end the pro-fader 100kohm vs 50kohm argument, they are 100kohm according to Ecler

Ecler profaders are 50K. Or at least they work identically to a PXF in an Ecler mixer.

Apparently the scratch world is short on multimeters innit

sorry to slightly hijack the thread, but:

i turned my hak 380 on the other day and it tripped out the electric...i changed the fuse and it still won't power up...any ideas?

Does it blow fuses? Was the old fuse blown when you took it out? Checked any internal fuses?

Sudden current spikes are what generally trip circuit breakers, could point to an earthing fault or similar, which would most likely blow a fuse, yeah

I think it's quite likely if the current has spiked rapidly enough to trip your mains, the mixer will not be in good health. Talk to Ecler immediately about this one if I were you

sorry to slightly hijack the thread, but:

i turned my hak 380 on the other day and it tripped out the electric...i changed the fuse and it still won't power up...any ideas?

Does it blow fuses? Was the old fuse blown when you took it out? Checked any internal fuses?

Sudden current spikes are what generally trip circuit breakers, could point to an earthing fault or similar, which would most likely blow a fuse, yeah

I think it's quite likely if the current has spiked rapidly enough to trip your mains, the mixer will not be in good health. Talk to Ecler immediately about this one if I were you

cheers man i'll hit em up in the morning

to be fair the old fuse looked ok...it made an electrical crackle sound when i turned it off, so thats why i turned it on again, then it happened. i better not mention to them that i bought it onn ebay cos i bet they'll be funny fuckers. plus, like a dick, i didn't send the warranty thing off.