Vekked...

Bubba

• 3 weeks later...
You got that 08 yet? Is it any good? Let me know bruva...have to decide on which mixer to buy pretty soon...haha...and I've got to say, I'm still not any further than what I was two weeks ago...

pee.z

I actually had a go on a couple of 08's a few weeks back.

The faders are smooth, and out of the three 08's I toyed with - the faders all felt different. Some were tighter than the others. The knobs were nice as well, they moved easily - and had a nice grip to it.

The metal little kubby (EQ/ Iso) switches are surprisingly snappy. They feel more like plastic, and have little resistance, but no vertical/ lateral movement at all. I enjoy that feeling!

Those were all unpowered mind you (GC is kinda ghey, asked for help, got none) - I wouldn't hesitate to purchase an 08 though if I needed a mixer.

Well....my Scratchbox will be coming in a week or so...and vekked, I was wonderin...have you bought that fucker yet? I could forward you lamont's email (of course he's trying to sell the scratchbox...) but it's got some good insight on potential flaws of the 08...

I had a go on it (no power) a couple of weeks ago in a store and I was like...yeah it's coo, but the fader just didn't feel great in my hand (a bit stiff) but I guess you can change that as soon as you unscrew the top...anyways in all honesty, I feel as if my decision to go with the scratchbox is the best decision i've made as of late...I just sure as hell hope that I don't get dissapointed...or I'ma be sending my mixer to Lamont and co with a letter-bomb in it, haha...

let me know how the mixer is...

pee.z

word, really the 08 and the scratchbox on paper don't seem to have much over one another, but since I'm in Canada, the scratchbox really isn't an option, it'd prolly be another half of what I'm paying for the 08, but I don't think it's that much better...

Make's sense!

I guess anyways, that as soon as you've bought one mixer you'll opt it to fit your needs and then it'll be your dream mixer anyways...That is - as long as it works...but I doubt you'll be having too big problems...if you do however I can imagine that the frustration would be endless...

Having said that: You can never be 100% certain, that what you're buying will actually be "perfect" hell even rane makes faulty mixers...

Enjoy the new machine!

pee.z