Auto-looping hidden feature in Serato 1.7

Steve

Copied from DJForums: -

For those of you who are using 1.7 already, there's a hidden feature. Auto looping is in. You can set a loop of 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16 beats. Here's how:

When you open up serato, before loading a song onto the deck, click the bpm tap button 100 times. As you go you'll start to get little messages at the bottom of the screen. Finally it'll tell you congratulations.

Now, hold down Alt and use the number keys to set desired length loops. 1-5 for the left deck, 6-0 for the right deck. Experiment...it's pretty dope. If you wanna make that effect where you get into loops smaller than 1 beat, just once you get down to 1 beat, hit the "out" button so that it allows you to reset the out point, and use the left arrow key to make your loop smaller. You can then bring your loop down to a stutter, then hit the loop button to turn the loop off and let the song play again. This can create some really cool effects.

Also, you can use alt+t and alt+g to start a loop that starts at 2 beats, then keep cutting itself in half automatically.

For any of this to work your tracks must be BPMd.

Mess around with it...it's pretty dope.

Apparently you can also tap the BPM tapper once and hold the space bar down to unlock it. From what I've read, this feature will be properly implemented in version 1.8. I don't own Serato (yet!) so I haven't tested this, but I'm assured that it works.

Copied from DJForums: -

For those of you who are using 1.7 already, there's a hidden feature. Auto looping is in. You can set a loop of 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16 beats. Here's how:

When you open up serato, before loading a song onto the deck, click the bpm tap button 100 times. As you go you'll start to get little messages at the bottom of the screen. Finally it'll tell you congratulations.

Now, hold down Alt and use the number keys to set desired length loops. 1-5 for the left deck, 6-0 for the right deck. Experiment...it's pretty dope. If you wanna make that effect where you get into loops smaller than 1 beat, just once you get down to 1 beat, hit the "out" button so that it allows you to reset the out point, and use the left arrow key to make your loop smaller. You can then bring your loop down to a stutter, then hit the loop button to turn the loop off and let the song play again. This can create some really cool effects.

Also, you can use alt+t and alt+g to start a loop that starts at 2 beats, then keep cutting itself in half automatically.

For any of this to work your tracks must be BPMd.

Mess around with it...it's pretty dope.

Apparently you can also tap the BPM tapper once and hold the space bar down to unlock it. From what I've read, this feature will be properly implemented in version 1.8. I don't own Serato (yet!) so I haven't tested this, but I'm assured that it works.

Nifty. :((

But I wonder why Serrato is making it so complicated? I mean couldn't you integrate internal effects and stuff like that? Not that it makes lots of sense to have prefader delay but more that triggering function and stuff like that...that would be so fucking dope...Oh well, guess Ima jsut have to do that stuff externally.

pee.z

What on earth are you talking about Alan?

Using Bome's MIDI translator - isn't it possible to record a set of key sequences/ commands which would save the user time?

Instead of having to tap the BPM button 100 times - record the key sequences/ commands or what have you.

Deft sorrry to be so daft, but what does that function do?

See I'm a bit worried about installing a newer version of Serato, cuz my current one works so nicely...

BTW: Scrap the idea of the internal FX...that sucks cuz the sound is effectively "prefader" so any fx would prolly not be too fun to use except for a phaser or summat.

pee.z

Deft sorrry to be so daft, but what does that function do?

See I'm a bit worried about installing a newer version of Serato, cuz my current one works so nicely...

BTW: Scrap the idea of the internal FX...that sucks cuz the sound is effectively "prefader" so any fx would prolly not be too fun to use except for a phaser or summat.

pee.z

you can run 2 versions of ssl mate

also bubba, key lock is the same thing as master tempo on the pioneer cdjs. it allows you to change the pitch of a song with out changing the key, so the vocals wont sound all whiney when going up in pitch, or they wont sound dull when going down. but after too much pitch increase/decrease the key lock starts to sound bad and the song sounds a bit messed so keep it at a minimum..