So now I'm a representative for the Zune

Mixologist

i was looking into the zune a little, since i had a mishap with my creative zen and i have to get another player. i only really have 2 complaints.

1. i cant find any information on if you have to store all of your media on your computer and then sync it to the zune. just like the ipod. i would rather not tie up all of my storage space on my computer.

2. they only come in 30gig. i need like a 60 or an 80gig.

the other stuff i really dont care about. im not gonna watch videos on it. i may store a few pictures. and that whole wifi deal..... first you gotta find somebody else with a zune. then you can only keep the songs for 3 days or 3 plays.

Yea all of us agree that the 3 plays in 3 days is not that good, the problem lies witht he record companies though trying to get their money. MCA records or some really large record label acutally makes a certain portion of the money everytime a Zune is sold, because they believe that it's their music in the Zune...

Yea all of us agree that the 3 plays in 3 days is not that good, the problem lies witht he record companies though trying to get their money. MCA records or some really large record label acutally makes a certain portion of the money everytime a Zune is sold, because they believe that it's their music in the Zune...

It's Warner, and they get $1 for each player.

Which is fucked up -MS pay a fee they don't have to pay, then cripple the sharing aspect. Rubbish.

've seen a few reports circulating the web that Universal and Sony are placing restrictions on Zune to Zune wireless sharing. These reports are merely speculative, and flat out incorrect. The Zune team is working closely with these and other labels, both indie and major, and the support for the wireless sharing feature has been strong.

Here's the official Microsoft statement on wireless sharing:

The Zune wireless sharing feature is a new experience for consumers and for the music industry and we will continue to make it better. We have seen strong support for this feature from Universal Music Group and Sony BMG Music Entertainment, as well as from other major and independent labels and music publishers, including BMG Music Publishing, Digital Music Group Inc., EMI Music, EMI Music Publishing, Independent Online Distribution Alliance (IODA), peermusic.com Inc., Sony/ATV Music Publishing, Sub Pop Records, SuperEgo Records, Warner Music Group, Warner/Chappell Music and many more. We will continue to work with the music industry to expand the number of songs that can be sent.

Note how UMG and Sony BMG are the first labels listed.

It's true, not every song can be sent. The idea of send is new, and its implementation is in a 1.0 stage. The team is continually working to improve the send technology and we're working with industry partners to expand the number of songs can be sent.

Edit 10:22 AM PDT: I also talked to a guy over at Universal Music Group, and here's the official statement from UMG:

Contrary to recent and inaccurate reports, UMG has not prohibited its artists from participating in the Zune service. Nor has UMG restricted the ability of Zune users to transfer their music wirelessly so that others can enjoy it.

Along with Microsoft, UMG is working to offer the most extensive array of chart topping artists and hit music in the world to all Zune users.