u know about speakers?

d00ban

ok my birthday is coming up and mums like what do you want and i said some speakers and an amp

so i was really wondering what i should get or if any one had some recommendations.

theyll mainly be used in the bedroom but i would like some extra power for parties and stuff.

should i get like a PA system instead?? im pretty confused and could do with some pointers really

budgets kinda an issue but if its lots i can always give my mum some more to supplement i guess.

thanks guys much apprechiated

oops, missed the "mainly bedroom" part.

If you want monitors, get KRK RP-8s (I can hook you up :) ) They're dope and have gotten top user ratings. These are still powered though.

I can back this up. I've used KRK RP-5's and currently use KRK V-8's to do all of my mixdowns with great results.

BUT i have to say that monitors sound so clean that some music may sound kinda ruff/ harsh on them (if it's not properly mixed that is...). i got a few cd's that just don't sound that good on my monitors because they're poorly mixed. but i only listen with them and i really like it - just wanted to mention that.

so u dont reckon its worth getting PAs?

as i say i dont play out that much but i have come short a couple of times when it comes to house parties. what do you guys do when u want to play out and theres not a sound system there?

cheers for the help fellas ill check out your suggestions