your first hip hop or music memory?

that guy from P.A.

I found an old 'Now...' compilation that had 'Walk This Way' on it when I was moving house.....The first tune I bought though was 'Boom Shake The Room' - and yes, that was on a 'Now...' Compilation too!

Think I was about 9 then....

I think it was when I was growing up in the Bronx. My friend Herc was getting frustrated that people would only dance for a short amount of time so I suggested getting 2 copies of the same record and repeating the break. That's how Herc "invented" Hip Hop.

And I was over at Theodore's gaff playing some tracks and I put on Led Zepplin's "Stairway to Heaven" and demonstrated the backwards section that says "Here's to my sweet Satan". He got me to do it over and over again and it was just easier for me to pull the record back and forth. That's how Theodore "invented" scratching.

Those are my first memories. But I could be making it up entirely or something.

you are a true don

When did "Informer" slip into all of that? :p

about a year later....I then rediscovered it a couple of years ago....the joy!

I have actually been playing 'Informer' out quite recently....along with other assorted gems such as 'Push It', 'Cant Touch This', 'Its Tricky', and 'Pump Up The Jam'....I also have 'Boom Boom Boom' by the Outhere Brothers in my serato crates - anyone wanna trade some mooooozak?

i cant remember what really started it. but i do remember back in the day when people was rocking members only and thriller jackets. i remember my uncle took me to see breakin'. somewhere inbetween there my brother copped kurtis blow "tough" and white lines. (i still have these 12"s by the way) i remember walking around with my box blastin the adventures of slick rick and LL's radio. i dont know what started it all, but by the time BDP droped By any means neccessary, it was on. hello my name is T-Bear, and im a hip-hop junkie.