is QFO worth it for 400 bones?

yeah 400 bones sterling?

i'd say so,

had a go on one a while ago and yeah its the portability of it thats great...

i hate the fader, i'd have a prox in there,

and i'm not totally sure about the pitch slider, but i didn't really have the chance to do any musicy bollox with it, i was just cuttin aahhss..

but yeah i'd nearly consider gettin one again at that price...

(a guy backed out of an ebay one that i won for 450Euro....bast)

400 quid is almost $800 USD?

Not worth it. You can get a 1200 (preowned) and 56 for that price. :p

If you're low on space - go for it!

DJ gear costs twice as much in England man. A 56 would cost you £475 (over $900) and that price has been reduced more than once.

I used to have one. If all you do is cut... you'll like it. If you do any mixing or recording or multitracking I wouldnt get it. The es andthe outs dont sound great. Because the fader is connectted to the same base as the needle there is a good bit of thud from the fader hitting the walls. You can't really hook it to serato or anything. Cant really really run it through a loop pedal very well either. I dunno. If your main objective is saving space and mobility, the QFO is cool. But...

400 quid is almost $800 USD?

Not worth it. You can get a 1200 (preowned) and 56 for that price. :p

If you're low on space - go for it!

DJ gear costs twice as much in England man. A 56 would cost you £475 (over $900) and that price has been reduced more than once.

I always believed the £ was stronger than the $.

I read a while back that a lot of Europeans came to the States to buy homes, and they said it was "cheap."

Guess that clears it up.

It is. You can get 1.9 dollars to the pound at the moment, but a TTX that's say 330 dollars in America would be 330 pounds here. The whole pricing structure leaves us at a major disadvantage.

It is. You can get 1.9 dollars to the pound at the moment, but a TTX that's say 330 dollars in America would be 330 pounds here. The whole pricing structure leaves us at a major disadvantage.

Plus bear in mind that Americans pay a sales tax on top of the price, whereas our tax (VAT) is normally included in prices, which does make up some (if not all) of that percieved difference

Plus bear in mind that Americans pay a sales tax on top of the price, whereas our tax (VAT) is normally included in prices, which does make up some (if not all) of that percieved difference

Sales tax seems to vary state to state (some don't pay it at all), but no way does sales tax account for all of the difference in price. Nowhere near. For example, a MK5G from DJDeals in America is $539. From Sapphires in the UK the same deck is £469 or $891. Sales tax in the USA is generally a lot lower than VAT too.

Your prob also paying for all the shipping costs to get your products to that giant island of yours.

technically we have to to ensure that our economy stays secure. there's a long ass explanation for that in one of my books somewhere i'm sure there is, but it does technically make sense (unfortunately). what is shit is our culture of 'if it costs more it must be better' which is stronger in the UK than anywhere else in the world, and it will take a LONG time for the cost/value divide between us and other countries to harmonise due once again to economic stability issues. It is happening though, consider the price gulf between the computer and automotive industries uk/rest of the world 10 years ago compared to now- either due to legislation or the increased sense of an 'international market' prices are slowly coming down

edit: and i came on here to get a break from international marketing coursework, ha.

Sales taxes are a muthafugger! Then they tax my pay check too! Not to mention they raise my electric and double tax the shit out of whatever they can. I dunno. Im clueless.

technically we have to to ensure that our economy stays secure. there's a long ass explanation for that in one of my books somewhere i'm sure there is, but it does technically make sense (unfortunately). what is shit is our culture of 'if it costs more it must be better' which is stronger in the UK than anywhere else in the world, and it will take a LONG time for the cost/value divide between us and other countries to harmonise due once again to economic stability issues. It is happening though, consider the price gulf between the computer and automotive industries uk/rest of the world 10 years ago compared to now- either due to legislation or the increased sense of an 'international market' prices are slowly coming down

edit: and i came on here to get a break from international marketing coursework, ha.

We get fucked over though man. Customers outside the EU buying goods from the UK don't have to pay V.A.T. (when they use the web to buy goods that is), yet if we buy goods from sites in America for example, we have to pay taxes to our Government here in Britain, so we get stitched up twice in effect.

Sales tax seems to vary state to state (some don't pay it at all), but no way does sales tax account for all of the difference in price. Nowhere near. For example, a MK5G from DJDeals in America is $539. From Sapphires in the UK the same deck is £469 or $891. Sales tax in the USA is generally a lot lower than VAT too.

Yeah, I was never saying it accounts for ALL of it... not by a long shot. But it does represent a fair chunk of the difference.... point taken, though, we get royally SCREWED in the UK. VAT is a wholly unfair tax -it taxes everyone regardless of income. The unemployed, disabled, elderly, children all pay the same VAT. Plus you pay VAT on a hell of a lot of essential stuff.... even sanitary towels for fucks sake. It's a joke.