electric shock off decks

rygon

Just unplugged my decks and on one of them i grabbed the plug..both prongs touched my hand and gave me a bolt (got 2 little marks where it went through lol). Just wondered if anyone has come across this b4. i changed the power lead a while back but if it was faulty it would more than likely create a short rather than a capacatence effect....any ideas??

Techs do this. Yeah, it's a capacitance effect. You can mod the PSU with a high-power resistor to discharge it; personally I just touch my plug on metal each time I remove it. I've had a couple of close calls where I nearly dropped the Tech carrying it. But it's normal, trust, there's nothing wrong with your deck.

By the way, I once gave myself a proper 230V belt while working on a Tech PSU, like a nobend. My arm was fine then went horribly numb about half an hour later. Thinking back I ought to have used it to give myself 'the stranger', ha ha

Kids: don't play with mains voltage

By the way, I once gave myself a proper 230V belt while working on a Tech PSU, like a nobend. My arm was fine then went horribly numb about half an hour later. Thinking back I ought to have used it to give myself 'the stranger', ha ha

I got a mate, he's an electrician and isn't in the slightest bit phased by a 230v shock, he quite regularly (much to the horror of his co-workers) tests if a cable is live by running his hand over the end. He also once got a shock off some insanely high current, the electricity arced from a HT lead on the back of a massive CRT (or something like that, I think is was about 10,000v)...all the muscles in his body tensed and flew back by about 10ft or something...his boss who was watching at the time found it extremely funny.

yeh i hate getting shocks. thats why i never touch tvs as well (being about 40,000v i think). yeh i earthed the plug on my mate..didnt want to get another shock

I got a mate, he's an electrician and isn't in the slightest bit phased by a 230v shock, he quite regularly (much to the horror of his co-workers) tests if a cable is live by running his hand over the end. He also once got a shock off some insanely high current, the electricity arced from a HT lead on the back of a massive CRT (or something like that, I think is was about 10,000v)...all the muscles in his body tensed and flew back by about 10ft or something...his boss who was watching at the time found it extremely funny.

Your mate is a nutter. Most of the time you're fine touching it with one hand, but if for some reason you manage to earth your body with the other arm, you'll be passing a current directly across your chest. About 50V will break down the insulation of your skin, and only a few miliamps of current is enough to cause cardiac arrest.

A mate's father died this way when we were about fifteen (he was a vending machine repair man).

The Stranger :((

Your mate is a nutter.

No shit, if you met the guy your reach that conclusion in about 30secs flat even if you had never even met or heard of the guy before.

• 2 weeks later...

my cooker gives you an electric shock if you put your finger in the water in one of the saucepans. it's more like a pulse, like the feeling you get between shocks on an electric fence. bit weird.