?Adam Sandler donates Playstations to Israel?

flowerpot

Adam Sandler has been doing his part? in charity fund raising for the victims of the Israel-Lebanon war. He is sending 400 play stations to Israel.

The Anger Management star said the Playstations would be delivered to those families whose houses had been damaged in the fighting.

We assume he means those who were hit by Hezbollah rockets as there are not a heck of a lot of Israeli houses inside Lebanon. We also assume that they are houses with a power supply and working televisions or else they will have difficulty getting them to work.

The donation is part of a lobbying effort by Ehud Danoch, Israel's consul general in Los Angeles who has been schmoozing with the stars lately. Danoch has been telling them all about the damage sustained by Israel and to explain the country's position on the cease-fire and threats posed by Hezbollah.

If people are thinking of donating stuff to Lebanon a new infrastructure might be appreciated more than games consoles.

Fuck you prick.

its just a gesture.

^^^^^^^^

I'm with Matt.

Everybody's pissing their pants about the 'stupidity' of this gift but I doubt thats where it ends, I'm sure he gave a shedload of other stuff too. Besides you can't just pour aid and money into an area, it starts conflict, like it or not -the Red Cross are there to mediate that kind of shit. Chances are he wanted to give something and was advised of something the kids in the area would like and would not cause more conflict/agression which a lot of gifts would.

Ah your right. A Gift is a gift. Sorry, i woke up very angry and that was one of the first things i saw, and it pissed me off. I just feel that there's something more then playstations needed here, and if anyone should be donating playstations its Sony. I do not however change my views on Israel. So dont call me a prick on the part of my opinions.

Listen man. I realise you have roots in Israel. You being Jewish and having Israeli roots doesnt affect my opinion of you, if it did it would be like saying that every Irish person is a member of the IRA, and hence every Lebanese person is a member of Hizbollah....you see my point? its BULLSHIT. But at the same time i have every right to say 'Fuck Israel' in relation to their governments actions. I personally hold no Israeli citizen accountable for their governments atrocities, in the same light that i should never hold any English personally responsible for the hundreds of years of oppression we suffered, and i would hope in turn that no English person would hold me responsible for the actions of the IRA. My beef is with the Israeli government, not the people.

Im sorry if what i said earlier was a little immature, because it was, i should have structured my opinion in a more mature manner. But if your just gonna tell me to fuck off again dont bother responding, construct an argument.

im sure its one of the best gifts for a kid to get.

wasnt it in the concentration camps where one of the rations given was lipstick which the women wore all the time..even though they were straving they still wanted to look good.

They knew what they were going through and that little bit of makeup brought a tiny bit of normal life back to them.

Its the same with the kids going through all that shit and with playstations they are able to forget about he attrocities of war and do something normal for a little while

p-ski - You're perfectly entitled to voice your opinions on DV, but out of all the people that may disagree over political issues, you're the only one I've seen saying shit like you'll be glad if a country full of people get nuked. You're just alienating yourself and coming across as a heartless arsehole. It is no coincidence that you're the butt of people's jokes on certain sites. I've seen you type in the shoutbox "fuck DV and everyone on here" or words to that effect. If you don't like it here, then just stop visiting - if you keep going on mad rants you might have no choice about that.

Pski is the biggest zealot on here. Mind you, teenage angst and all that. Go listen to radiohead and cry about how your parents aren't fair instead of posting religious bigotry please

PS Dice you are fucking sound for taking that back. Takes a big man to go back on his words when he knos he said something out of line... top bloke

Pski is the biggest zealot on here. Mind you, teenage angst and all that. Go listen to radiohead and cry about how your parents aren't fair instead of posting religious bigotry please

or listen to coldplay and slit your wrists ;)

if Adam Sandler and Pski want to do something for their surrogate country, they should volunteer for the IDF bulldozing division...they could reduce Jenin to rubble again.

it'd be a jolly ol' time. :o

Can you and Pski just PM each other your lovel letters and spare us please

PS Dice you are fucking sound for taking that back. Takes a big man to go back on his words when he knos he said something out of line... top bloke

Ah cheers man, but i shouldnt have been so harsh in the first place, i woke up hungover and a little angry and that came out in my reply...