Akai MPC [ROLL CALL]

A computer sequencer wth a midi controller is infinitely more flexible than an mpc. Good luck with it tho.

And infinately less portable or fun.

WRONG! I use my Laptop and trigger finger at everyshow. It also doubles as my serato set up! VERY PORTABLE, and of course, FUN!

alligator food

alligator food?? that some damn coon-ass shit?? ;)

Tis true if ur using a laptop... If I didn't already have a MPC I'd think about just buying one of those MPC styled trigger pads... But I also think that MPCs are hella unique... IMO they are in general .... less linear I'd say... where as computer shit is less looped sounding and more linear... both are cool, but I prefer using a MPC. To a laptop is too distant feeling. My MPC feels alive like a person.

I hope u back that bitch up a lot Saint... gonna loose a lot more than just 100g's of zip data if your laptop crashes! But you also don't have the BS load times I got....

look in the mirror and mouth (dont speak) 'alligator food'.. whats it look like youre saying? try it with 'olive juice'... or even 'vacuum'...

this was all amusing when i was 4.. =P

A computer sequencer wth a midi controller is infinitely more flexible than an mpc. Good luck with it tho.

WRONG! I use my Laptop and trigger finger at everyshow. It also doubles as my serato set up! VERY PORTABLE, and of course, FUN!

alligator food

Tis true if ur using a laptop... If I didn't already have a MPC I'd think about just buying one of those MPC styled trigger pads... But I also think that MPCs are hella unique... IMO they are in general .... less linear I'd say... where as computer shit is less looped sounding and more linear... both are cool, but I prefer using a MPC. To a laptop is too distant feeling. My MPC feels alive like a person.

I hope u back that bitch up a lot Saint... gonna loose a lot more than just 100g's of zip data if your laptop crashes! But you also don't have the BS load times I got....

A computer is like a cnavas to me. I play a computer as an instrument. Whether using a trigger finger or serato or whatever. I always feel naked without my laptop. Even when creating art, I love to have my laptop. Everything I create is based around a PC. I am not trying to immulate an MPC with my laptop, I am trying to more comfortbly manipulate my computer. Plus, when all is done, I can surf DV with a laptop. Y'aint surfin the web on your MPC!

ALLIGATOR FOOD!

alligator food

A computer is like a cnavas to me. I play a computer as an instrument. Whether using a trigger finger or serato or whatever. I always feel naked without my laptop. Even when creating art, I love to have my laptop. Everything I create is based around a PC. I am not trying to immulate an MPC with my laptop, I am trying to more comfortbly manipulate my computer. Plus, when all is done, I can surf DV with a laptop. Y'aint surfin the web on your MPC!

ALLIGATOR FOOD!

i surf the internet with AOL on my PC POWERHOUSE fo0!

gabe and i have already established if we got in a scuffle.. he would run around until i tired out..

then i made clear that i wouldnt chase him so he would be running from nothing...

so basically.. we would end up throwing sticks at eachother.. ending in a stale mate.

Jordan, I will PayPal you $100 if you smack Gabe in the mouth next time you see him. :)

I'll give you a $100 to stop player hating!

You've gotta sucker punch him man! Go to shake his hand, then BLAM! - the Tyson knockout blow. Failing that try the old "smell this cheese" trick. Never fails.

i told gabe that by the time he successfully pulled a branch off a tree.. he would then wake up wondering what happened cause i would have laid him out already..

alligator food

It depends how you use it of course, an mpc is just a dedicated computer sequencer in a box anyway. Part of the charm of the mpc sequencer is the simplicity of it, and the pads are the best out there IMO. Also great soundquality.

You can just do alot more with a computer sequencer. You can get alot deeper into editing your midi and audio and I find it alot quicker using a piano roll and nudging the notes along a bit instead of going into step edit on the mpc and putting kick drums at 38 ticks and all that stuff. You can mix a beat down right inside the one box. Groove templates can emulate the swing of the mpc in cubase or whatever. You shell out £800 for an mpc then you need to buy the 8 output board, max out the memory, then buy an outboard mixer and effects (the mpc fx card sounds like shite IMO). All of which cost alot of money. They are starting to move in the right direction though with the newer ones like the 2500 with the grid edit, USB connection, separate outs included etc.

Ableton live is the most fun sequencer to use if you ask me, if only it had better midi editing. It all just comes down to what you like best at the end of the day though I suppose. Drums do sound dope on an mpc no question. Which is why im gonna buy one, haha. I'll sync it up to my computer and have the best of both worlds.

Peace

You've gotta sucker punch him man! Go to shake his hand, then BLAM! - the Tyson knockout blow. Failing that try the old "smell this cheese" trick. Never fails.

i told gabe that by the time he successfully pulled a branch off a tree.. he would then wake up wondering what happened cause i would have laid him out already..

I don't fight like that. I'll put metal shavings in your food ever so slightly for a few years until you die from internal bleeding with no initial cause. I'll wait and and connect the a-frame of you car to a positive charge so when you touch it, it will slowly electricutes you. Or, worse come to worse, I will jsut fuck your girlfriend and your mom. Maybe I'll run a small tube from your exhaust pipe up through your trunk into your backdash, so when you run your car around, you actually just poison yourself with emisions. Thats how I play.

Or maybe, I'll introduce you to MY Sigma 40.

I don't fight like that. I'll put metal shavings in your food ever so slightly for a few years until you die from internal bleeding with no initial cause. I'll wait and and connect the a-frame of you car to a positive charge so when you touch it, it will slowly electricutes you. Or, worse come to worse, I will jsut fuck your girlfriend and your mom. Maybe I'll run a small tube from your exhaust pipe up through your trunk into your backdash, so when you run your car around, you actually just poison yourself with emisions. Thats how I play.
You fight like a girl.

Pussy.

You fight like a girl.

Pussy.

gabe=female

ill start a small fire in yo momma's panties

You should watch the most recent Saxondale. "If you can use Windows XP, you've cracked it!" :((

You should watch the most recent Saxondale. "If you can use Windows XP, you've cracked it!" :((

What?

You fight like a girl.

Pussy.

You can fight like the red coats from the 18oo's. I'll just fight like I am fighting.

name='$a!n+' date='Aug 2nd 2006, 22:23' post='164382']You should watch the most recent Saxondale. "If you can use Windows XP, you've cracked it!" :((

What?

It's a comedy about a rock-obsessed ex-roadie who drives a mustang and runs a pest control firm out of his van. He has problems with anger management and completely loses it at this kid he employs about electronic music. My sides hurt from laughing... they're all on Youtube if you can't be arsed to do the torrent thang, obviously not as good but watchable

alligator food

It depends how you use it of course, an mpc is just a dedicated computer sequencer in a box anyway. Part of the charm of the mpc sequencer is the simplicity of it, and the pads are the best out there IMO. Also great soundquality.

You can just do alot more with a computer sequencer. You can get alot deeper into editing your midi and audio and I find it alot quicker using a piano roll and nudging the notes along a bit instead of going into step edit on the mpc and putting kick drums at 38 ticks and all that stuff. You can mix a beat down right inside the one box. Groove templates can emulate the swing of the mpc in cubase or whatever. You shell out £800 for an mpc then you need to buy the 8 output board, max out the memory, then buy an outboard mixer and effects (the mpc fx card sounds like shite IMO). All of which cost alot of money. They are starting to move in the right direction though with the newer ones like the 2500 with the grid edit, USB connection, separate outs included etc.

Ableton live is the most fun sequencer to use if you ask me, if only it had better midi editing. It all just comes down to what you like best at the end of the day though I suppose. Drums do sound dope on an mpc no question. Which is why im gonna buy one, haha. I'll sync it up to my computer and have the best of both worlds.

Peace

It's true... you can do pretty much anything with a computer... but MPCs are still the B-O-M-B! ..So do you have to have a 8-channel out to use the EFX or can you like just isolate efx to individual channels in the sequence?

...I'm ready for the Gabe VS Jordan cage fight extrodinare! It'll kinda be like Kimbo VS Gannon, but even more homo-erotic stuff.... or I hope.

do any of you users have harddrives in your mpcs?

I'm using an external scsi drive for backup, for regular use i've built in a compact flash reader.

I can recommend this to anyone, loading is as fast as from a hdd (32 mb programs in under a minute, i hear some pc users chuckle at this one), practically failsafe, and cheap storage.

As for internal harddrives: good luck

clicky

I've installed this reader, from a german webshop. Really a very simple installation.

vv-comp

I'm using an external scsi drive for backup, for regular use i've built in a compact flash reader.

I can recommend this to anyone, loading is as fast as from a hdd (32 mb programs in under a minute, i hear some pc users chuckle at this one), practically failsafe, and cheap storage.

clicky

I've installed this reader, from a german webshop. Really a very simple installation.

vv-comp

im about to order the 128MB Ram Expand...

that should help out alot. i need to buy some bigger flashcards too.

theres a whole thread on the mpcforums discussing which HDs will work for the mpc1k. i havnt researched enough to know if installation is easy going..

i will look into soon, cause im wanting SPACE!

--

im also just now discovering the mpc1000 pgm editor for windows.

im gonna mess with this when i get home.

its called, "Bluebox"

clicky

vv-comp

That's what I want to do... been using an external zip100 :p

eeeyo

on the trigger finger as mpc with ableton shizzy,

only really started using my trigger finger, gradually learning ableton slowly,

any good guides or tutorials anywhere that'd be fun to work through/useful/helpfull? or just pick up the program youself?

Guest petesasqwax

this discussion veered off topic a little, but i rock an mpc. i got the 2kxl which i've but a card reader in and installed the eb16 (effects board). it's sick as fuck - especially with the 2 additions - i can't get enough of it. all i'm missing is a mini-version of it that i can rock off batteries