HALF LIFE 2

Guest Deeswift

lookin at the bbc website it takes up 4.3gb of space on the hard drive.

takes the piss that you buy the game but cannot play on it due to not being able to register...its like buying a deck but cant use it cos they havent put your name on the list

It was only during the first few hours people couldn't register due to the naturally high demand. The steam servers have 10gbps of bandwidth so valve can hardly be blamed for that.

The game files are around 4.5GB - I don't like to think how long that would take to torrent; even on my 2mbps connection. Why don't you just buy the game you cheapskates?

Torrenting it at the moment is pointless anyway - the game needs patching due to the sound being fucked ! :'(

Anyway, I'm happy to report its cool as fuck :d (even with the munted sound) but don't expect miracles if you've got a shitty graphics card (though it will actually run, unlike doom3)

edit:

actually it runs fucking well on older graphics cards, you just have to forgo some of the eye candy. People with radeon 9200 cards have reported 50-60 fps :blink:

Guest Deeswift

Half Life 2 OWNS! Just got it today and I am very impressed both with the graphics (characters look pretty damn dope and are well animated), and the gameplay. I can't really pick any faults with it. This game is actually worth buying.

Guest Deeswift

No mate, I have a HIS 9800 Pro IceQ, the one with the Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer. What's your card, btw?

Detail level is more or less at the recommended settings, I think I bumped up to max quality for a couple of settings but not all.

9800 Pro IceQ

Guest Deeswift

I'm at the point where there's this electrified metal wheel kinda thing which is supposed to be turned, and I'm stuck! There's a yellow sign above it, and it makes it pretty obvious that turning the wheel clockwise will open the gates below. I'm trying to get down the canal, but these damn gates are blocking me off. I figured you probably have to find a way of switching the power off to enable the wheel to be tuned, but I swear I've looked fucking everywhere for a couple of hours and found nothing. You know the bit I mean? Wicked game though, the enemies are really dope, like the flying mouths that take bites out of you, hehe.

If you go for a 6800 series mate go with the 6800GT if you can afford it, they easily OC to Ultra speeds. Damn good card, it'd def be a wise choice.

EDIT: I forgot to add, my screen resolution is 1280 X 960, 75 Hz. I need a better monitor, pref. a 19" or bigger. Mitsubishi Diamond Pro (black) will be on the shopping list sometime next year.

Guest Deeswift

No, not too far, just been playing a few hours here and there in between doing DIY. But ay man if you're telling me the answer to that f'kin puzzle is right in front of my face I'm gonna be pissed! LOL...

Guest Deeswift

And it was. Damn man, so simple. I'm quite a lot further on now though -- just had the boat / bike thing (whatever it is) upgraded with extra firepower and I need to take out that annoying helicopter. Bring it on, bitches!

• 1 month later...

Very dope game, quite easy though.

Finished it in a few days. Some dope set pieces, the buggy is ill and it's fresh when you have to control the ant-lions.

The last few chapters from anticitizen onwards are some of the best pieces of gamplay construed.

Runs really well on my shitty graphics card too.

Playing CS a lot now, gettin a lot better at that.

Guest Deeswift

I have to finish HL2, still didn't get to the end yet (but nearly there). There are some annoying puzles with this game, but when you solve them they're easy and you wanna kick yourself.