Finding a host/domain (.com)

iexist

So I want to get a host for myself.. a .com domain infact.

A place to host my music, mixes, promote myself as a dj/musician, and even a blog...

What do i do? Where do i go? Any suggestions?

Drop some knowledge on me.

well where? dont be so fawkin vague! j/k

but im looking for a .com, or a .net

iexist.com (pfft!).. something on those lines..

i actually will most likely not use my dj name.. just so i can keep my options open with what i want to do with the site..

Guest sirchickski

i use .co.nr which is free all you have to do to not pay is put an advert on your site for them and then you get the free domain :p

Guest sirchickski

they just give u the html code u paste it. thats all. either that or pay money for pointlessness reason of you being too lazy

or not looking like a cheapskate. Or having more upload/download options. Or having a memorable url.

I use streamline.net j- they're very very reasonable, I think i'm paying £80 for 2 years of unlimited up/down, including a domain name, google adwords voucers and 3 months free. And all I use it for is a coming soon page with a demo :p

they do cheaper options with less upload space, but all their options have unlimited download bandwidth...

www.djdecisive.co.uk

yea ixwebhostin is pretty sick and cheap for the shit it offers, not really had any major problems with them and their chat room help service is mostly pretty good if you have any problems on doing shit altho u get the odd few that are clueless and can hardly type english.. the control panal there is really good too, they supply free code for counters (info from counters is graphed up fer the month) forums etc.. im on the savers plan with dextrousmonkey an its pretty decent, 5 gigs web space, 300 gigs bandwidth

they seem a bit cheeky with the money u pay the first year tho, for me they said i would get a free domain subscription for dextrousmonkey.com for a year, so i wouldnt have to pay for the name.. but the sneaky feks charge a 'setup' fee which is coincidently the same price as a domain name charge, like $20. so the initial deal you get is pretty irrelivent, its still pretty deceent though, costs come to $103 a year for the savers plan after youve paid for the domain name too and costs obviously go down if you pay for 2 yrs up front

or not looking like a cheapskate. Or having more upload/download options. Or having a memorable url.

I use streamline.net j- they're very very reasonable, I think i'm paying £80 for 2 years of unlimited up/down, including a domain name, google adwords voucers and 3 months free. And all I use it for is a coming soon page with a demo :p

they do cheaper options with less upload space, but all their options have unlimited download bandwidth...

www.djdecisive.co.uk

shiz, i might move to these doods :o

They do unlimited bandwidth for £40 a year dec??

yup...

Un-restricted Visitor Bandwidth:

Bandwidth (data transfer) is a measure of the amount of data transferred by your Website. For example if your Website is a total of 1mb and 1000 people view it in one month the bandwidth used for that month would be 1000mb (1Gb). If we cannot host your Website due to high bandwidth we will refund the entire hosting fee.

even with the 'home' package, which is 150mb space and £27 for 2 years... I can't remember whether it's plus vat, apparently the unlimited package (which I got) is £67 for two years, I thought £80...