A whole load of beats for you all

Ok im looking for some feedback on a few beats we have been working on. I have LOADS.

Really cant be bothered to render them all just yet and ive got loads of old stuff too you have all probably heard already.

So if you download make sure you leave some feedback!!

File size is 19Mb - Zipped - 24 beats all together. Some loops, some tracks .. Mostly unfinished.

Click here <-----------

easy

just had a flick through em.

IMO...

i like what you're doing, but personally i prefer drum beats to be loops or constructed from loops rather than totally different flavoured hits (if that makes any sense). really like some of the samples and generally the melodic/chordal construction, nice mood to em. i know a lot of people don't feel the same way as me about drum beats though, so i wouldn't read too much into that.

don't know if this helps any. there's one or two that'd fit in well on battle tools.

peace

hey man i'm giving em a listen, i'll post again when i've listened properly to em all. some gold in here... ghosttownbeats is best so far i think...

pz

easy

just had a flick through em.

IMO...

i like what you're doing, but personally i prefer drum beats to be loops or constructed from loops rather than totally different flavoured hits (if that makes any sense). really like some of the samples and generally the melodic/chordal construction, nice mood to em.  i know a lot of people don't feel the same way as me about drum beats though, so i wouldn't read too much into that.

don't know if this helps any. there's one or two that'd fit in well on battle tools.

peace

Thats ok man. I think I know what you mean. You mean because i havent chopped up a break or used the same kit. Just random one-shots... Which is very true, just the way ive always done it i guess.

Just out of interest which couple do you think about on battle wax>?

hey man i'm giving em a listen, i'll post again when i've listened properly to em all. some gold in here... ghosttownbeats is best so far i think...

pz

Cheers man. I like that one too :)

Okay dude, ima feed your back. Don't know how 'brutal' you want me to be so I'll just be completely honest and please assume 'imo' at the end of every sentence :)

another track with no name- that rhodes sample isn't up to much. drum programming is, however. snare could do with 'cracking' more. Love the buildup, and the pause.

boring- this is a sound basis for a track, if you were to make a melodic bassline it would step it up, could make a nice chilled out scratchtrack...

chilled- really nice. needs a bit more swing to the drum pattern

clownsmile- drum pattern is really nice, as is the atmos, but somehow the franticness of the pattern and the style of the sounds don't gel great

dont you know this guy- once again a great drum pattern, but not feelin the melody much...

echosheet- a sound basis for a track, but on its own this isn't finished by any means

funkshitup- in parts this is great, the sample needs to be given a better timing though, so that the third note hits the second beat. bring the kick in after the delayed end to the second loop and it'll be criss.

town beats- sounds like a dope uk hip hop beat, i can hear taskforce or klash rippin this. just give it a changeup for the chorus

happy shit- not one of your best i have to admit

intheworksbeat- more work and this will be dope, has the foundations, just sounds a bit bare at the moment

ranger- nice. bring in a heavy bline with that drum drop and you'll have a corker. more crack to the snare too. maybe some more guitar licks every couple of bars. look to rza for inspiration :)

moonlight- sounds just like a megadrive game, is that a lindrum or something? the drumkit sounds just like a lot of old megadrive games, streets of rage etc. go in a streets of rage for 2006 direction, get it busier, it'll stand out

nasty flute- another one of not your best. flute's out of out key :s

nothingroo- sounds like a looper beat. bit more work and it'd make a dope scratch track

pedofunk- see above :)

raa- nice swing on the drums, not a lot of energy to it, bring the flute forward a bit and make more of the keyboard lick, they're nice

samplefun- drums sound a bit flat, but i like the samples- especially the transformed flute. this would carry off one of your more interesting drum patterns well, and could do with a bline, then it'd be great

birmingham- nice track, i like the flip on of lowkey's london... or was it ja's new york... hm there were a few tracks like that lol. That's no bad thing though! The beat goes with the vocals. Flow could be tightened up a bit but lyrically it's nice.

terminatorstyle- dope. the synth backing is a bit boring, but overall it works, i like the structure. It does make me think of that terminator music (maybe cus it was put in my mind already), but it's definitely got that apocalyptic 80s feel. Could do with becoming more though

trash- improve the mix so the backing comes through more and it'll be nicer, might make a good looper beat

un- like this. kick drum could thud a lot crisper and thumpier, but the basson(?) is real nice

pauline poop- not in key with itself so its a bit difficult to get down with

pauls2- nice- improve the mix and this'll be definitely worth expanding upon

repetitive poop2- another one definitely worth expanding on, a nice dropout section and a heavy section with scratching and you've got a full track here...

thanks for sharing anyway mate, was nice to listen to some stuff for half an hour, felt like i was in a magazine or something :p

peeeeez!

Not really had a proper listen to them all, just a flick through last night...all I'm gonna say right now is Ghost Town is by far my favorite, it's a fucking brilliant beat!

Okay dude, ima feed your back. Don't know how 'brutal' you want me to be so I'll just be completely honest and please assume 'imo' at the end of every sentence :)

another track with no name- that rhodes sample isn't up to much. drum programming is, however. snare could do with 'cracking' more. Love the buildup, and the pause.

boring- this is a sound basis for a track, if you were to make a melodic bassline it would step it up, could make a nice chilled out scratchtrack...

chilled- really nice. needs a bit more swing to the drum pattern

clownsmile- drum pattern is really nice, as is the atmos, but somehow the franticness of the pattern and the style of the sounds don't gel great

dont you know this guy- once again a great drum pattern, but not feelin the melody much...

echosheet- a sound basis for a track, but on its own this isn't finished by any means

funkshitup- in parts this is great, the sample needs to be given a better timing though, so that the third note hits the second beat. bring the kick in after the delayed end to the second loop and it'll be criss.

town beats- sounds like a dope uk hip hop beat, i can hear taskforce or klash rippin this. just give it a changeup for the chorus

happy shit- not one of your best i have to admit

intheworksbeat- more work and this will be dope, has the foundations, just sounds a bit bare at the moment

ranger- nice. bring in a heavy bline with that drum drop and you'll have a corker. more crack to the snare too. maybe some more guitar licks every couple of bars. look to rza for inspiration :)

moonlight- sounds just like a megadrive game, is that a lindrum or something? the drumkit sounds just like a lot of old megadrive games, streets of rage etc. go in a streets of rage for 2006 direction, get it busier, it'll stand out

nasty flute- another one of not your best. flute's out of out key :s

nothingroo- sounds like a looper beat. bit more work and it'd make a dope scratch track

pedofunk- see above :)

raa- nice swing on the drums, not a lot of energy to it, bring the flute forward a bit and make more of the keyboard lick, they're nice

samplefun- drums sound a bit flat, but i like the samples- especially the transformed flute. this would carry off one of your more interesting drum patterns well, and could do with a bline, then it'd be great

birmingham- nice track, i like the flip on of lowkey's london... or was it ja's new york... hm there were a few tracks like that lol. That's no bad thing though! The beat goes with the vocals. Flow could be tightened up a bit but lyrically it's nice.

terminatorstyle- dope. the synth backing is a bit boring, but overall it works, i like the structure. It does make me think of that terminator music (maybe cus it was put in my mind already), but it's definitely got that apocalyptic 80s feel. Could do with becoming more though

trash- improve the mix so the backing comes through more and it'll be nicer, might make a good looper beat

un- like this. kick drum could thud a lot crisper and thumpier, but the basson(?) is real nice

pauline poop- not in key with itself so its a bit difficult to get down with

pauls2- nice- improve the mix and this'll be definitely worth expanding upon

repetitive poop2- another one definitely worth expanding on, a nice dropout section and a heavy section with scratching and you've got a full track here...

thanks for sharing anyway mate, was nice to listen to some stuff for half an hour, felt like i was in a magazine or something :p

peeeeez!

Thanks for taking the time to listen and write me all this feedback. I really appreciate it !! Ill be keeping what you said in mind for some of these tracks. As you can tell they aint finished yet but its constructive crit like this that will help me to make them better and hopefully one day finish some of them off. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

shiet, some of these beats are ill.. didnt taek a proper listen just a quick lookie, and from what i heard i liked.

although, winamp doesnt loop the songs properly... got a program that i can loop it properly?