What is holding back your progress?

Steve

I think the thing that's holding me back the most is lack of motivation. I wish I was one of these people that loved scratching so much they were on their decks for hours each day. I just can't be arsed with it most of the time. lol.

Guest sirchickski

well i dont scratch but i play guitar and i live on the bastard cos i love playing it lol :p best way to motivate yrself, well it is for me is learning someone else's techniques that u think it amazing at it , then wen u can do what they do it helps your confidence.

the only thing that has ever held back any of my progression is figuring out dope combos and then falling back on them too often... i found that a good remedy for getting out of the fall back skratches is to constantly change up beats so that you dont have enough time at one tempo to develop long term muscle memory which will eventually make it near impossible to get out of your old patterns

kinda ironic this question was asked. last night i got so pissed off because i sound like a total fuckin robot when i scratch, and i came to the conclusion that i spend WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much time on the fader and not enough on record control. to combat the issue i had my roomate lock up both my up faders and my xfader in the safe and told him not to return them for a week. i cant go a week without practice, so that will force me to work on my record control......record control == non robotic funktastical ninjacuts.

I think the thing that's holding me back the most is lack of motivation. I wish I was one of these people that loved scratching so much they were on their decks for hours each day. I just can't be arsed with it most of the time. lol.

same here. i do spend quite a lot of time on the decks but not specifically scratching

lack of fader hand speed. i still can't pinch 3 clicks

Not to rub it in... But I've been goin bananas on my clicks.... its the one part i'm really happy about...

My record hand (left) is still bogey i can only get certain tears... and its really annoying me... and i haven't been gettin enough combos down, when i learn somethin new i just bust it and then move on...

But I've been practicin fuck all these days so thats how it goes... which is really annoyin me...

My Mind just wasn't on it for the last 3-4 months, exams and other bollox... so i've noticed a lull in my improvements....

Didn't you hear? i'm outta practice.... gimmie a week...

actually when i get back from the UK DMC i'd say i'll be in one of those post BattleView enthusiastic practice modes...

Guest Vekked
Didn't you hear?  i'm outta practice.... gimmie a week...

actually when i get back from the UK DMC i'd say i'll be in one of those post BattleView enthusiastic practice modes...

post a file.

fine... a week, but no more! :p

my biggest problem is even if i spend a lot of time on the tables, i do more just freestyle cutting and doing whatever i feel lik instead of really working on getting the cuts down clean. i blame ADD